ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh dear, what have i done?

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
Alright its not that bad, although i am really annoyed with myself, I had a bottle of the Turtle wax tire shine, and it spilt in my boot, all over my bloody carpet!

So i lifted the carpet up, and on the left hand side of the boot the floor was soaked and the black rubber that is glued to the floor was stting to peel off. I washed the cargo Matt, but wondering what advice people had for me? The carpet is soaked with this spray, its very greasy, and i think i might leave it out in the sun to dry, but dfont wan it to rot at a later date.

Any ideas?

Do you not think that could do more harm than good? I'm really not sure, hmm, if not il just buy a new carpet mat for the boot, ssure they cant be more than 100 squid?

BMW 320d SE
IIRC, tyre shine contains silicone, and not a lot gets silicone off stuff. You'd need to use a solvent to remove it. Why not try a bit of white spirit in the boot, and for the mat, maybe some dry-cleaning solution would work?

^^^ Cheers for that il try the white spitir on the boot, althoguh im sure it will eat away at the rubber matt even more, but il give it a go.

Dry Cleaning Solution, where can i buy some of that?

MATT BLACK said:
Suicide usually sorts the problem out - razor blades are pain killers

I was pretty gutted, but, you know, everything can be fixed, it only takes money

BMW 320d SE
I'm not entirely sure. Why not take it to a dry cleaners and ask them? Maybe just give them the mat to dry-clean?

^^^ thats not a bad idea, culd get a few gigles, and it's prob enbd up messing up the mat, bu its better than nothing!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Can you not let the mat dry and then try a good quality upholstery cleaner, or maybe a good carpet cleaner like the one VAX make?

DynamiqueDebz said:
Can you not let the mat dry and then try a good quality upholstery cleaner, or maybe a good carpet cleaner like the one VAX make?

treat it like your home carpet like?

its this gracey silicone feeling, that, nothing seems to remove

all over the cargo net, i saoked that in fairy, and then some hand washing powder, let it air dry, but it still smells a bit, grrrrr