ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh no i think i got caught!

CTR EK9 turbo

Overtaking a boat that was acclerating southbound on the A3 near the little chef and at around 85 mph i see a police van - oh no, its that speed trap that was there the other day! bngger! anyway, it was a large police van with flaps open and two cameras in the back pointing out. Before the van there were no signs saying police check or anything. I didnt see any flashing etc its illegal for them to flash you in the face tho. But is this a mobile Truvelo camera? i was looking right into the lens as i drove past around 75. I really hope i dont get fined. The strange things are: no signs before it, and the cam van was parked up in a layby, the cameras were in the back facing outwards but the layby is parallel to the A3 and if the van was parked like it was then surely the cameras would be facing into the woods?

Has anyone seen a camera van like this before, or even been prosecuted by it? I do believe ive been caught and it was today, so im preying that i get no post soon! Lets hope 172 speedos are very innacurate....Do you reckon at an indicated 80 id be doing 77 ish?

Its the worst feeling in the world not knowing whether youve been done.

VR6MAN beware of that one. Thats the second weekend its been there. GRRRRRRR!

If i do get caught im wondering about the penalty. I think its a 70 mph limit, its a dual carriage way -but- there are no hard shoulders or central reservation - so possibly a 60? the sign preceding it is a national speed limit sign.......what do you folks think??

Thanks, Si

2012 WRX Waggon

last time they had one of those set up near me, they had a patrol car and a couple of coppers at the next r/about - they were pulling people str8 away.

is this not one of those tax dodger detectors?

anyway 77 in a 60 is 3 points and a fixed penalty - thats what i got for 48 in a 30 (on my motorbike)

I drove through a Truvelo camera trap on the A53 (70mph speed limit) doing about 80-85 mph and never heard a thing. Fingers crossed mate.

i think those cameras go off at 80mph m8, the thing with those cameras is a believe they are actually operated by a human . so the guy coulda been on a tea break or anything.

if u were doing 77-80 i would think youll be ok.

CTR EK9 turbo

Cheers guys, i really hope so. Its so disheartening when you drive past it and youve pressed the brake, but then you think - why didnt i press it harder!!?

The day before they had it there with 2 police motorbikes around it and another police van on a bridge further down the road. I hope its a tax dodger one!

They use only these in the Highlands, no Gatsos. My mate who works as a rep out of Glasgow got done by one. The first he new was when a letter came through his door saying they had photographic proof of him doing 102mph in a 60mph. He got 3 months ban and a big fine. They hide the feckers in bushes etc.:mad:

unlucky mate, hope you dont get caught out - ive been lucky eough to get warned by an oncoming car that there was a trap ahead, saved me from a ban!

i never knew they did mobile truvelos now - sh*t were fighting a losing battle :cry:

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Well if your laws are anything like ours, they cant prosecute if there are two or more vehicles in the photo...

I got 5 points for doing 99mph in a 70 limit, good job i went though the camera wen i did, i was aiming for 100, lol, oh well 17 with 8 points, back down the to a 1.1 i think

You dont get banned but you get your licence revoked. The difference is that unlike a ban you can re-apply immediately but you have to retake your test, and its the extended test - 1 hour long and far more stringent.

sorry for being dumb but which little chef is that Si ?

the one with the "might be a mercedes garage" just past it ? or are we talking about the one with the Shell garage next to it ?

oh and arse by the way...

hopefully it was one of those tax disc checker ones..

another sneaky place they hide is just over that hill as you come past the bordon traffic lights... i.e the bit where u went off left and i went straight on.....

there is a kinda gravel bit to the right and there is no time to do anything if you come over the crest of the hill going too fast.... its a 40mph limit just before the crest and most people come flying over there..

worth remembering if u start working in alton and go that way each day