ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vauxhall Vivaro van issues

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I'll try make this as short as possible. A couple of issues:

I've had my van for about 5/6 years now (mainly just used to take my dog out tbf) but for the last 13/14 months it's sat still as I had a company van.
End of December I started work on it to get it ready for an MOT. Mainly a few bulbs that had gone, and the brake system. I replaced the pads, discs etc then bled the brakes.
However, the pedal still goes to the floor. If you pump it then it'll stop pumping eventually and be firm but when you pull off then it goes to the floor although slightly works still but oviously not good enough (handbrake is fine).. am I correct in thinking the servo could be knackered? I'm hoping there could be another possibility to try before I have to source and change the servo.
If it helps, I can hear air pumping when I press the brake pedal down yet there isn't any air bubbles when I bleed them?

Second issue.. when I first start the van it's fine and I could drive it to Scotland and back if I fancied but if I turn it off and then back on, the glowplug light flashes on and will also restrict it's power. If I leave it off for say 10-15 minutes and turn it back on then the issue is cleared and will work again until I turn it off and then back on again too soon.. any ideas what could be causing this?

I have noticed that mice have been living in the engine bay (it's parked down the bottom of my drive and is very dark etc). They've chewed through some soundproofing etc round the edges and they've made two 'nests', one on either corner of the chassis. I've cleared these out now but I'm hoping they haven't chewed through any electrics so does anyone have any idea about the glowplug issue? I can't see any damage to any visible cabling on the loom but understand it could be further down the line.. but the issue clears if you leave the van off for a little while.

I'll upload the photos of what the three blind mice have been up to while it's been sat just for the luls but if anyone has any ideas then let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers in advance.

Pic 1: Hole in the felt (They've chewed a lot more than this going by the amount in their nests but unsure where yet)
van1.jpg

Picture 2: Nest 1
van2.jpg

Picture 3: Nest 2
van3.jpg

Picture 4: One nest cleared
van4.jpg

Picture 5: Nest number 2 cleared out
van5.jpg

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
The brakes sound like you've either air in the ABS Pump or when you bled the brakes and stroked the cylinder through it's full travel it's pulled the seals backwards.

The engine in de rate should have a code stored but I'll have a wild guess at a injector starting to fail.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
The brakes sound like you've either air in the ABS Pump or when you bled the brakes and stroked the cylinder through it's full travel it's pulled the seals backwards.

The engine in de rate should have a code stored but I'll have a wild guess at a injector starting to fail.
Cheers brother, will look at the brake issue. No codes stored regarding the glow plug light issue, well not being picked up by an OBDII scan anyway 😩

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks dan.
Sounds like a valve is possibly stuck in the abs pump or indeed the master cylinder has failed internally do to corrosion.
What happens if you pump it with van off so it goes hard and then start the van does it go straight to the floor.

You need a good tool to read faults.
Clip reads them if you tell it it's a trafic.
I would have also said and injector is starting to go down.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Brakes it will be the MC seals and rotting servo

Blinking EML is EGR possibly. Start there and if not it could the the rail pressure sensor. Plug it in and see what fault codes you've got