ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ohhhh noooo

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
£60 a month??
are you planning on something this majour to go wrong every year?? lol

as said, £700 does seem rather steep, but tbh, when you break it down

£250 for the box,
£70 for linkage and other parts
£280 for 7 hours labour (£40 an hour)
£100 for a clutch
£700 total!!

id defs get a run down of the work done just to check though!
sorry to hear it went so boobs up! but its the price of owning a sport i guess,

rather than forking out on a £720 a year warranty,
buy and engine crane, some tools and learn to do the work yourself!

a £350 clutch replacement job becomes a £90 DIY job lol.

Golf GTD Mk7
Didn't realise it was a 7hour job to do the clutch :S Didn't think there was that much to it, drop frame, remove box? I'm sure it's not that simple, but you know what I mean ;) I'll be more careful with mine from now on.

182 FF (Black Gold)
£60 a month??
are you planning on something this majour to go wrong every year?? lol

as said, £700 does seem rather steep, but tbh, when you break it down

£250 for the box,
£70 for linkage and other parts
£280 for 7 hours labour (£40 an hour)
£100 for a clutch
£700 total!!

id defs get a run down of the work done just to check though!
sorry to hear it went so boobs up! but its the price of owning a sport i guess,

rather than forking out on a £720 a year warranty,
buy and engine crane, some tools and learn to do the work yourself!

a £350 clutch replacement job becomes a £90 DIY job lol.

You are almost spot on with the costing there:) Yep its an expensive fix. The geabox is £400 and he is doing the labour at £10PH so all in all not too bad.

I can do pads, breaks etc and little jobs. Im going to leave gearbox and clutch problems to a trained people I think :D

Very cheeky but had a lttle pikey thought!! Buy the warranty and claim for the gearbox streight away making it a £60 fix haha!!! :p

182 FF (Black Gold)
Well all the work is sorted and I pick the car up on the 18th, being a massive long wait. Just want to drive my baby :( :(!!!

MOT and Tax is due at the end of the month too.

So;

Car fixed = £705
MOT = £35
TAX = £130
4 New Tyres = £350

Haha all that in a month!!! Madness.

Edition 30
On my way to the coast on Friday night when I was on the M(Something) towards Newark and bang an almighty thump underneeth my car, I can only persume I hit something? Anyway the car was sound doing 50MPH in the average spec cameras, got to the slip road to come off and I notice a bit of rubbing noise under the car, got to a stop at the junction, and no 1st gear!!! :eek: :eek: Turned the car off and back on again managed to force it into first and pulled over to see what actually happended to my car, (there was no Hard sholder on the motorway due to road works) All the soundprofing was ripped apart causing the rubbing noise on the floor, no visiable damage was seen. Got back into the car and no reverse :( :( Then I realised something quite £££ has happended.

I have no reverse and when put it into First the reverse lights come on. Not good, all other gears are sound.

Seems whatever I drove over has compleatly ripped something inside the gearbox apart or somesort of rod is bent to select the gears.

I cannot believe it :(

Theres is your problem.