ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil.............again......sorry

mk1 172

mike, if its 0w40 does that not mean it will be protected from standstill ?

i really havent got a clue !

how much does my car hold ? just realised ive only bought 4 litres !!!!

what would you recommend !!! helllllllllppppppppp

Renault Laguna Coupe

0w40 is for extreme temperatures like if you live at the north pole. Itll be ok. Think you need 4.5 litres though.

mk1 172

ang you are a star but not what im looking for unfortunately........well it is but it isnt, you know what i mean ang ! lol

Renault Laguna Coupe

If I could get it cheap, yes. But I just bought 24 litres of Elf Excellium 5w40. If youve already bought it then use it - itll be fine. Need to find an extra half-litre though.

mk1 172

i know, im gonna be a bit short, where did you buy your elf from ?

is mobil1 better than the elf then in your oppinion or the other way round ?

im sounding desperate here arnt i !? ive got my service on thursday, left it a bit last minute and i aint got a clue !!!!

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by darswold on 06 June 2005

i know, im gonna be a bit short, where did you buy your elf from ?

is mobil1 better than the elf then in your oppinion or the other way round ?

im sounding desperate here arnt i !? ive got my service on thursday, left it a bit last minute and i aint got a clue !!!!

LOL....i just sent u the ELF details.....

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Darswold - I used 0w40 and 5w40 in my 172 in the past.

To be honest - just go to the nearest shell garage and but another litre of what you already have. Job done.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Then go and buy another litre of Mobil 1 0w40...

0w-40 would be fine for a supercar at the Northpole... sticking it in your Renault Clio will be fine

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Oh father, who art in heaven - save me from Darswold.. PLEASSSEEE!!

Itll be fine. Just fine. In fact the difference between them will be so bloody marginal. I can guarentee youll never notice the difference.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

yay well done !!!

just stick it in, u wotn fidn much/any difference tbh

Of course you can use 0w-40, it has the same viscosity as 5w-40 at 100degC and flows better when cold.

M1 is a proper pao synthetic and better then the Elf quality wise.

Cheers, Simon