ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil and Stop Warning Lights Started Coming On Today

Cossie, 182FF, A3
Hi Guys

A problem has started to occur on my 05 182. Any help appreciated.

I have a 7 mile drive to the train station each morning and pretty much as I arrived today the oil warning and stop lights came on. This was a surprise as the normal oil level approval flashed on the dash as I set off. Further, I service the car ever 2-3k with with Millers Motorsport 5w40 and genuine Ren. filter and last did this December and also the car never really uses any oil.

I left the car and returned in the evening when levels settled and found the oil level on the max and clean. So I started the car who reported oil was fine and I therefore drove home and the car ran fine as normal. But as I approached my street the same warning came on the dash. I stopped turned of the engine and restarted. The warning cleared and reported oil as fine again and I completed the remaining 200 yards ok. Checked oil again and the dip stick was showing past max which I expected given it had just been running.

The car drives fine and holds a steady water temp as normal. Also no unusual noises, smoke and water levels are ok.

I suspect a possible problem with oil pressure when engine comes up to temp or gunk in the oil return pipe though this is less likely given regular oil changes and a recent engine flush. Also possibility with a sensor at temp.

If any one has experienced this problem, got an idea or has useful advice please let me know.

CheeRS.

Cossie, 182FF, A3
Hi

Update.

Whilst no replies I think if I have got it sorted.

I put a pressure gauge on it and had good readings of over 15psi on tick over and over 45psi at 3k so all good there.

The oil pressure sensor was a bit oily and past it's best so I suspect it is only that. I'll get it changed and hope for the best.

Cheers