ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil catch can

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
I want to mount an oil catch can as the small filter I got with the RS2 gets smelly sometimes.
got a oilcatchcan from a mate but noticed the two fittings on the side go into a box with no baffling of any kind....won't this make the can sortof useless?
this is the type of can I have:
qtank30%20oil%20cathtank%201%20liter%20blauw.jpg

The fittings are interchangable on both sides.
since it is welded I cannot use solid pipe internally, would it be ok to user (oil resistant) rubber hose with holes drilled in the side and fill it up with some stainless steel wool?

172 Ph1
The Mocal oil catch can I use is all open inside the tank , as long as the fumes pass into the tank , it's doing its catching

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Ideally they should be baffled or contain some kind of wadding to encourage the oil to settle, when it's just a box with two pipes facing each other the air will just fly right through.

You could stuff the middle with wire wool, but that usually works best when the pipes are not facing.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Ideally they should be baffled or contain some kind of wadding to encourage the oil to settle, when it's just a box with two pipes facing each other the air will just fly right through.

You could stuff the middle with wire wool, but that usually works best when the pipes are not facing.

on mine the pipes are actually side by side, but can be swapped around

renault clio 1.4 16v
I just use course steel wool inside the can as a kind of baffle, just watch the size of the nipples going to the can, have had oil blow out the dipstick tube because the diameter of the fittings on the can were too small to cope with the pressures... running 3/4 fittings now with no problems