ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil change at 1000 miles?

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Hi.

Is it worth doing an oil change at 1000k miles on brand new car?

I bought it in July and have done 1000 miles now and although it's not due to be serviced until 12500 miles or 1 year, I feel this is quite far away.

My thinking is changing the oil now will hopefully remove any impurities that the engine may have had and keep the whole engine new as possible.

So

A: Change it now.

B: Change at 6000 miles (which I'm planning to do at every 6000 miles anyway)

C: I'm wasting my time with A & B so stick to 12500 mile service.

Car is 08 plate Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6 Petrol.

(don't feel this needs to be in Other Marques as it would apply to any new car)

doing it diy tomorrow.

Brett, the car is decent enough but no 172. Handles quite well, rides smooth and quiet. Not slow but I know my old 172 would murder it. 172 was more of a wolf in sheeps clothing, this is more a sheep in wolfish clothing. It's slower than it looks the Clio was the opposite.

Fuel not great for a 1.6. Getting about 35mpg. No problems so far though. Worry free motoring which is what I wanted. No mot for three years and three year warranty. Saving £100 year on tax, £300 on insurance and about £5-10 per week on fuel bearing in mind smaller engine and I walways used to put superplus in the Clio.

Made the right decision bearing in mind buying a house soon, just miss the extra fun factor of the 172.

320d
Thanks for the feedback chris. I think i'm going to go down the 172 route when i change next year then. Probably ph1 and have it as a project to make it a hobby aswell.

I think like me, most Clio owners need to get a 172/182/197 out of their system. Enjoy it for a few years then move on when responsibilities kick in.

You will enjoy it. Just make sure come cambelt time it gets done properly. I had a nightmare and that's what made me trade it in.