ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil change at 6k

My 172 Cup is nearing 6k miles and I would like to know peoples opinions on whether it is worthwhile changing the oil between services. I know Renault recommend every 12k but will it make much difference changing it?

Also will a main dealer do it and what would I be looking at pricewise?

Tim

take it to a main dealer and you will get fleeced mate!

buy the oil and filter yourself and take it your preffered and trusted local garage or do it yourself its not difficult and will take about 30 mins.

Yeah I think I will get an official filter from Renault and then get some oil from Halfords then take it to a Tyre place that does oil changes. Can then make sure it has an official filter and decent oil.

Tim

Personally I wouldnt unless your going to keep the car for 100k or so. Or you can get it done cheap and want to sell it private where it will look good to potential future buyers (its an easy way to choice between two identically priced cars one with more oil chnages than the other). You wont get the money back but makes it an easier sell.

Can anyone just confirm with me that I should be using 5W 40 oil as this is what it states in the service booklet. Should the oil be synthetic or semi synthetic?

Also the service book states that you will need 4.75 litres for a change. Is this accurate?

Tim

I can tell you Tim that it IS 4.75lts for a 182..................Id expect it to be the same for the 172 yeah :cool:

Cya Stu