ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Change?

I am going to do a an oil change over the festive period,

Wheres the best place to buy a 5L 5w 40 oil form? also best place for an oil filter?

Cheers

2004 182FF
^ Maybe remove that link as only paid members can get to the forum its posted in? Otherwise everyone in the world who googles '182 oil change' will get it for free!

Mine had 10mm on one bolt and 13mm on the other. Cue an hour or two of f**king around before I worked it out :dead:

Opie Oils are doing "Buy 5l get 1l free" on Silkolene Pro S (Now called Fuchs Titan Pro S)... good oil. The 182 takes 5.1l so it's a good deal.

Laguna sport tourer
i got 20 litres of 5w40 fully synthetic from unipart for £48 so should get 3 and a bit oil changes out of it

GB 182 FF
Anyone ever use the vacuum oil extractors?
I have one and use it with great success on our Passat and vx220.... so wanted to know if they work well on the 1*2

Clio 197
Anyone ever use the vacuum oil extractors?
I have one and use it with great success on our Passat and vx220.... so wanted to know if they work well on the 1*2

second the euro car parts option, 27 quid delivered for the carlube triple r and a bosch filter delivered!
i used a pela oil extractor on the cup as someone had over tightened the sump plug and i have yet to get that sorted

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I never see the point in these 6k oil changes, mines serviced as recommend by Renault.

GB 182 FF
So renault service engineers got it wrong, or the cost down engineers on the de-phaser got it wrong? lol

I'd sooner piss in the oil filler than put mobile1 oils in any engine of mine.
Picked up some triple R and a botch filter for just under £30 from euro yesterday. Will do the change in the xmas week :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So renault service engineers got it wrong, or the cost down engineers on the de-phaser got it wrong? lol

Renault could hardly suggest changes every 6k for every owner for a production car, no doubt it would of put people off buying the car in the first place, doesn't mean its the wrong advice to change it every 6k.

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
Renault could hardly suggest changes every 6k for every owner for a production car, no doubt it would of put people off buying the car in the first place, doesn't mean its the wrong advice to change it every 6k.

Very sensible! You can never change your oil too frequently...;)

Didnt think i would get this response, But some good points on it.

I have owed th car for about 15months done 22K and changed the oil twice, but from now on i will do it more often.

As i need the oil now it will either be a trip to halfords for some Castrol or down to renault.

Has anyone tried tesco's 5W 40?

Volvo XC60 T8
Tescos own brand engine oil? I would avoid TBH.

I use Millers oils delivered by Opie oils :)

I seen it the other day just curious see if anyone recommends it as its cheap.

But i will stick to 5w 40 castrol.

Laguna sport tourer
just changed my oil about an hour ago i hadn't done it for 10k and it was very diluted with petrol so from now on it will be 6k