ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil choices

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
looking at changing the in my 172.

what oil does everyone recommmend?? it is a mk2 172, with 65k on the clock

cheers

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
If you want quality then go with something like Silkolene Pro S 5w40, just put 5litres in my 182.

Its often recommended on here.

Otherwise something like Motul, Elf Excellium

Skoda Fabia vRS
if you cant afford Silkolene Pro S, get Fuchs Titan Supersyn

Elf stuff isnt as good as Silkolene Pro S, or Motul 300V, i dont think its even a PAO

Mégane RS
yeah thats what i use but i might try and get some Silkolene this time to see what its like

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
oilman said:
You'll find the best prices in the Members Section here: http://www.opieoils.co.uk.

Cheers
Simon

Can you give me a bit of advice on oils ? My mate has just changed the oil in his vauxhall astra using millers 10w -40 semi synthetic . He's also changed his oil in his bike which is a honda vfr 800 vtec using castrol 10w -40 semi synthetic which he said cost him nearly 3 times as much as the car engine oil .The guy in the honda shop told him that you can't use the 10w -40 car oil in his bike cos the bikes oil is a slightly different viscosity and that the oil goes into the clutch as well as the bikes engine . Is the guy talkin b*llocks or is he right ?

MrBillyUK !

It's not a different viscosity, it contains a different addative pack which includes friction modifiers for the wet clutch.

So halfway to the truth.

Cheers
Simon

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
oilman said:
It's not a different viscosity, it contains a different addative pack which includes friction modifiers for the wet clutch.

So halfway to the truth.

Cheers
Simon
Cheers Simon . Thanks for that . I can tell him now that he hasn't been ripped off :)

MrBillyUK !