ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil cooler in @ last.

finally got the cooler in and connected.so far so good.

was about 38 deg today (perth, west aus).and the needle sat about a 1/4 lower on gauge in heavy traffic.not bad considering what the under bonnet temp would of been.

and before you ask i got the sandwich plate with a built in thermostat so start up temp is not an issue (warms up quicker actually.......makes sense because theres less oil in the sump when the stat is closed).

ps have made a discovery,especially here in this heat. the radiator top hose runs under the air box!!!!!!!!.next time you guys go for a run lift the bonnet afterwards and put your hand on the air box.more heat means less ponies! but have found a solution.got some "thermo-tec" tape and wrapped the top hose in it,keeps the heat in the hose and out of the airbox.but then got carried away and wrapped the whole airbox in "thermo-tec" barrier sheet. and yes it has made a big difference.runs a lot smoother.well worth it.

know what else can i fiddle with!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

you are just trying to make me jealous that you live in sunny autralia and I live in rainy, cloudy, dark UK:cry:

Good job on the oil cooler, although I doubt I will be needing one.

dont worry i lived in sunny (?) Reading till a couple of years ago. you have my warmest(get it) symparthies.

cooler works though !!!!!!!!

but then again what about the cricket ? saw it at the WACA in perth,last week,what a ...........hmmmm well what can you say.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by GRANT on 11 December 2002
hmmmm well what can you say.

I can only think of one word... "B@stard" ;)

my cousin came over from Dartford for the cricket and he was not impressed,got a lot of stick done the pub afterwards.

good man,u there for the new year? if you are, go to blues point,near the bridge and opposite the opera house.you and 5000 other pissed poeple.good fun was there last year.