ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil filter removal on a mk2 1.2 16v ?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
What is the best way to remove the oil filter on a mk2 1.2 16v clio?

I can see it on the bottom left side of the engine. I will be jacking the front up and putting it on axle stands to have enough room but can anyone tell me if you would remove the wheel and arch loner and get to it that way?

Also, im going to change the oil. Is it a simple cSe of draining old oil. Changing filter and filling up with new oil?

Thanks in advance.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Easy peasy mate, I do mine now with the car on the ground. Yeah pretty much that's what you do, I think there is a guide somewhere on here if you get stuck.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Easy peasy mate, I do mine now with the car on the ground. Yeah pretty much that's what you do, I think there is a guide somewhere on here if you get stuck.

Great, cheers.

Just ordered everything for £34. Why take it to a garage when you can do it yourself.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Yeah true mate, £34 bargin, that's why I still have my mk2 1.2 12 years later, parts are so cheap to replace.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah true mate, £34 bargin, that's why I still have my mk2 1.2 12 years later, parts are so cheap to replace.

Ours has just ticked on to 100k, we use this for work so my 182 doesnt rack up the miles.

Very true, all the below for that price posted.
Oil
Oil filter
Sump washer x2
Air filter
Pollen filter