ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Filter?!? (urgent)

Punto/Clio GTT
which way does the oil filter come off? ive whacked a screwdriver through it and tried anti clockwise and its just ripping it up, dont seem to budge clockwise either

imag0258ne.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Stop your dog chewing it ffs.

Pour a kettle of boiling water over it. Standard thread so anti-clockwise to come off.

Punto/Clio GTT
didnt think id need one as i was told they are only hand tight!

think ill invest in one after this b*****d is off for next time

kettles on

why did i decide in my stupid head that id do a service on it? f**king cars, im black and my arms cut to s**t

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Filters are only meant to be done up hand tight but they get will get tighter due to the heat of the engine.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
They are only hand tightened, but the expansion and contraction ends up making them tighter than a Nuns c*nt!

Last edited:
  Punto/Clio GTT
OFF, what a f**king c**t, had to take the radiator off so i could get to it through the front panel, nightmare!. now, shall i clean this up with anything before i put the new one on or just quick wipe with a rag?

i know i put some new oil around the rubber ring and do it hand tight yeah?

Punto/Clio GTT
also, my coolant that ive caught in a tub, is it ok to siv it and put it back in? as i got bits of subframe fall in it and dont really wanna buy more as its brand new stuff!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If it's caked in sh*t then a quick wipe wouldn't go a miss,
and yes just hand tighten it, but don't be too limp wristed with it, I had one leak about half a litre because it wasn't tight enough.

Put some clean cloth in a sieve so it catches all the fine particles and it'll be fine.