ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil for 172

Hello,

I am new to this forum and only decided to register today as I have a question that I need some help on. I have a Mk 2 172 bought back in March and need to top the oil up. Have done 3,500 miles - I imagine it is normal to need oil after this amount of miles??? Has anyone any recommendations for what to go for as want to get the best as use only Optimax in the car and dont want to skimp on the quality of oil.

Thanks!

the fuel is ok. Ask your dealer what is in from factory. I know they swapped oilthickness in France.

I would get rid of the oil (1st service) and replace it with Elf excellum 5W50 full synthetic oil. Exchange every 6000 Miles !!

cheers

Skoda Fabia vRS

id go for a full synthetic 5W-40............unless your doing a track day you wont really need a 50........

i can recommend Total Quartz 9000, and Silkolene Pro S

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Silkolene Pro is brilliant I used it in my old 172 and it took no time at all to warm up in the mornings