ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Guzzling Valver

I know that valvers and williams are well known for going through the brown stuff pretty quick. but how quick is quick?

I do quite a few motorway miles prob almost 1000 in the last month and valver seems to have gone through about a 3rd of a full tank of oil.

Do i have a leakage problem? or is that about right for the miles?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
littlefrenchmusclecar said:
I know that valvers and williams are well known for going through the brown stuff pretty quick. but how quick is quick?

Only the neglected ones, mine between services (6000m) went from Max to halfway on the dip (1 Ltr)

no, no smoke. Im fairly sure its the sump plug. Last mechanic to get underneith it mentioned that it was loose and tightened it for me.

Although Im only going by what the dial shows me when i first start the car (the far left dial) not the dip-stick. Is that dial pretty accurate or not? Il check the dipstick in my lunch break. and then in a few weeks time, see whats changed.

1996 Valver
No smoke is a good sign.

Get a new COPPER washer and that should make a good seal......
As for the oil dial, I must admit I mainly look at that, but will check the dip-stick every few weeks, would say it pretty accurate but you never know when it will fail!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Its not accurate at all, some read halfway when the oil has been drained out, mine read just above the red after draining.

1996 Valver
Chris_H said:
officially theres no problem until it takes a pint every 500 miles

:eek:

Good job I have this oil refinery in my back garden;

oil20refinery201.gif

fook me. how did someone ever come up with:

hmm this thick black stuff could be useful, il build some f**k off massiv piece of kit (as above) and make a mint.

some people are fookin clever, how cud u design something like that?!?!?!?!?!?

1.8 Civic EX
I heard they take 1 litre every 1000 miles ish?? not sure about mine to be honest never real took note, just top it up when it's low....