ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil in coolant reservoir

Clio S & VW T5
I've recently acquired a 2002 DCi 65, which has overheating problems; and before I start stripping the head down; I was wondering if any of you experts might know of another problem that might cause this other than a blown head gasket...

The car still drives fine, no loss of power (it's a 65bhp:rasp:) but it overheats and over a journey of 10 miles the water seems to disappear from the reservoir. When it's topped up, the water in the reservoir takes on a slightly oily colour (not really oily like an emulsion, but clearly darker than normal water.)

What's got me puzzled is that the inside of the oil filler cap is clean, and the engine oil seems clean too (well, as clean as the oil in a diesel ever gets)

Could something else be causing this?:quiet:

Clio S & VW T5
Cheers Jay - does DCi 65 have an oil cooler then?

Any idea where I'd find it and how hard it will be to replace? On the search earlier I found someone talking about the water pump leaking through the bearing when the engine was running; but I can't see how that would darken the coolant...