ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OIL leak - pls help

Clio 182

i've got a leak there little at top and loads at the bottom, looks like coming from somewhere of the top end of the engine bay.

Can someone tell me what the problem could be?

R35 GTR
Leaky seal, not a major problem. Just keep topping oil up and checking it, until you can get the top off and have it resealed. Problem is it is an expensive job at renault.

Clio 182
Had it clean a few weeks ago and topped it up buts its stll leaking, i've checked passed posts. People saying it could be seals or rocker cover? are they the same thing or two different issues? and could it be anything else? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, dont know too much about cars.

R35 GTR
More than likely leaking from a bolt somewhere. Pretty common, i think mine is doing it too. Only a problem if its pissing out.

Clio 182
One my mate took the cover off we found out that the blokes that did cam belt for the previous owner put the wrong bolts in and one wasn't even meant to be there, so bolts are correct now!