ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leakng from sump area!!!!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Evening all, can anyone help,

had my oil changed on thursday night, the guy said he noticed there was oil on the tray under the sump and it may need looking at shortly.

anyway, the car has never lost any oil. The drive has never had any oil on it. I have just notice a small patch of oil on the drive, moved my car so i can see what its like in the morning.

just seems strange that since the oil was changed and the guy said this, its now evident there is a problem as theres oil on the drive.

Any ideas what could have caused this, could it of been due to having the oil changed and is it common for oil to leak from the sump?

feel annoyed buy also confused as it has never had a problem with this in over 4 years of ownership.

Thanks,
Austin

Oil in the under tray will most likely be gear oil from the linkage leak that everyone has. But could also be the sump gasket/sump plug washer(get it checked over )

The oil you have noticed on the drive since the oil change is probably from when the oil filter was removed and not cleaned the spillage off the front of the engine block correctly, So its seeped down.

182cup & 172 racecar
Can of brake cleaner, get it all off. Now start looking for it and see where it's coming from.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Spoke to the guy who did it and he said he sprayed brake cleaner around the filter area to clean it so may be that, that has dripped down. I had a look this morning and nothing has leaked so I'm thinking it has probably been from the Thursday night just after it had been done as i went straight home and left it on the drive all night.

I have checked level and it is as it should be, will keep checking just to make sure.