ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil light on

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Following on from a crash I had at the begining of december http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?548646-Had-a-crash/page2&highlight=crash

the 3rd party have admitted full responsibility and the car is off to be repaired.

However...

It has been sat on the drive since a couple of days after the crash so nearly a month. Have started it once every few days and left it to warm up and then a few days ago she wouldn't start. Popped a new battery in and started her up fine but now the oil light comes on!

There is plenty of oil in it so i was wondering if its okay for me to to drive it? Not far it is due to be repaired just down the road? Also what do you think is actually wrong, buggered sensor?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
How can I check if the pump is working? I don't want to spend anything on it until it has been assessed by the insurance company, if its written off I don't want to have spent money on it unnecessary?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I have. been looking through some other threads and in one of them FRED mentions that it can come on if your pads are very worn? Well I think my back brakes are stuck on as its been sat on the drive for so long. Could this be the issue? I am going to get under and try and release the brakes later today and see what happens!

Also any ideas how to check if the oil pump is working?

Evo 8 MR
Why hasn't the repair work begun already if the third party has admitted liability?

They should also be picking it up on a flatbed. Not driving it.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
They have only just admitted. They will be picking it up but I am not sure they will repair the oil problem as its not a direct result of the accident I don't think? I'm not sure how it works. The oil light may have come on because it has been sitting around for a month which is only because of the accident?

I am going tho have a look at it now and see what I can do before it is picked up.

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Insurance companys take the piss I was waiting 5-6 mounths for the other party to pay up on my old blacK clio sport 182...

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I have just dropped my keys off with garage and they are going to pick the car up a flat bed on Tuesday. They are aware of the oil light being on and said they will have a look!