ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Oil OK"

Williams 2 & 200
Hello I am not sure why my Oil Ok message is not appearing on the dash, I did do a quick search but couldn't find any similar topics.

Basically the oil is around 3/4 on the dipstick but the Oil OK message is not appearing? Does the message just mean Oil level? or am i worrying to much :S

120d M Sport
Turn your ignition on whilst holding the trip mileage reset button.

I'm pretty sure the Oil OK message only comes on when you first start up anyway

Williams 2 & 200
Ignore this thread it seems i was being a bit simple and missed the Oil OK message :approve:. It just seemed more noticable in my old 172.

Mods can you delete

This happens sometimes. Don't know why. If you disconnect the battery for a minute, then I bet it will come back.

Last edited:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Mine said OIL OK, then the engine seized up due to having no oil in it. It never moved again.

I had this too. Ended up getting a new engine.
I now don't trust the "OIL OK" message anymore. Checking the dipstick weekly from now on.

It's not a good idea to trust the electronic oil level gauge as it is very common for them to go wrong. Mine says I have no oil on minute, and full the next.

Always check the oil on the Tom... I mean dipstick.

Evo 8 MR
You are silly if you don't check the oil level on the dipstick and think everything is fine just because it says so on the dash.

Clio 182 cup
Message won't show if you leave the cruise control on, put the cruise/speed limiter switch in the middle position.
It will show next time you turm in the ignition.