ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil on my drive !

Hi,

Had my car back from the MOT yesterday and its all been fine, just got out the car and found a few blobs of oil on the drive, (s**t myself). Looked under the bonnet to find the Dipstick hadnt been put back in place properly.

So i put it back and moped up the mess (dads not too pleased with oil on his nice drive). And it all seems fine now.

What i want to know is was it likely the oil just came out of the dipstick hole because the mechanic didnt put the dipstick back in properly? which is what i see to be the obvious? or likely to be something bust?

I dont think anything would be fooked because its running fine.

Cheers.

Have you checked the oil leavel ? Is it ok ? Have you looked for signs of an oil leak at all ?

If there is no oil leak, the level is fine & not dropping your fine.

Yeah checked the oil levels, no major loss. Pretty certain it was dipstick as no more leaks over the drive.

Just found out some prick threw an egg at my car last nite. If i catch them again im going to kill them.

better check ur oil filter if its tight enough. Last time i had a oil change a Dump mechanic didnt tighten the oil filter properly and half of the oil leaked. fcukin tw*t:mad: