ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil on spark plug

Clio 172
Hey all,

Went to service my ph2 172 on the weekend and found oil as I pulled out one of the plugs. Anyone had this before and any idea what it could be? Cheers
20210321_112130.jpg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I would clean up the rocker cover and try to determine where it’s leaking from, its covered quite a bit of it now.

My initial thought is that it’s the dephaser solenoid seal, but a clean up first should help you track it down.

Clio 172
I would clean up the rocker cover and try to determine where it’s leaking from, its covered quite a bit of it now.

My initial thought is that it’s the dephaser solenoid seal, but a clean up first should help you track it down.
Thanks mate

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Which plug is this? Is it the one next to the filler? If so my first thought is that someone got a bit exited and spilled some oil down the hole... nothing to worry about.

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Which plug is this? Is it the one next to the filler? If so my first thought is that someone got a bit exited and spilled some oil down the hole... nothing to worry about.

My first thought. In the background of the pic there's a big old oil trail starting from the filler cap.

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
No oil in any others apart from the 3rd. I wish it was that simple lol
Unlucky! Looks like the plug hole filled with oil as your socket was covered too - so maybe the rocker cover as mentioned above.

How long till your next timing belt is due? Might as well get two birds with one stone. Maybe it can wait if the belt is due soon and it's not leaking much.

Clio 172
Unlucky! Looks like the plug hole filled with oil as your socket was covered too - so maybe the rocker cover as mentioned above.

How long till your next timing belt is due? Might as well get two birds with one stone. Maybe it can wait if the belt is due soon and it's not leaking much.
I am just going to do it all together for piece of mind, it concerned me with the amount of oil in there so it is all coming off for a proper look.