ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil pressure and stop light coming on

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Hi my oil and stop lights keep coming together intermittently. Is seem more like a wiring/sensor problem rather than an actual oil pressure problem. I put the rs tuner on to see if there were any fault codes coming up- this is what showed
5878566790835ebdf81dc43cdeb903fd.jpg

Any ideas

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Will , they seem to come on after hitting a bump in the road

dan's cast offs.
personally don't trust rs tuner as diagnostic, twice not brought up faults on cars with management lights on!!

clio 172 cup
I had this problem and checked wiring etc with no luck. Then my alternator failed and since having a new one put on it has never come back. Un sure if it was related or not tho.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You can change the switch BUT that won't tell you if there's an actual problem with the oil pump/oil pressure. If there is, continuing to drive it around will do serious damage to the engine. Ideally, you want the engines oil pressure measured mechanically to make sure it's in spec - It's your car though