ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Oil Pressure too low' warning.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Its not a Clio but hoping some mechanically educated folks may be able to help, my '07 207 HDi decided to flash this up as I was driving home tonight, kept going on and off so may be intermittent fault so hoping may just be a dodgy connection on a sensor or something.

I'll check the oil level in the morning but if that's all good any suggestions on what to check/replace next?

Car has covered 120k miles if that makes any difference on what could be up with it.

Thanks in advance.

PH2 172
Its not a Clio but hoping some mechanically educated folks may be able to help, my '07 207 HDi decided to flash this up as I was driving home tonight, kept going on and off so may be intermittent fault so hoping may just be a dodgy connection on a sensor or something.

I'll check the oil level in the morning but if that's all good any suggestions on what to check/replace next?

Car has covered 120k miles if that makes any difference on what could be up with it.

Thanks in advance.

Rather than join in a guessing game, get one these connected.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Wave-...033471?hash=item2ed1c7e2bf:g:wgEAAOSw1BlZUVXb

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
It would have been quicker to check the low oil warning that you own than post this thread.
Its not a low oil warning, its pressure and doing some googling through up many possibilities.

Checked the oil level and it seems fine.

PH2 172
When was it last serviced?
WHAT.gif

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
It had a major service last March but has spent a lot of time in the garage the past 6 months getting all sorts of faults sorted.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Apparently the oil was full of soot and cheap which has damaged the bearings, they've flushed the oil but reckon the damage is done.

Going to see if the Gf's Dad thinks he can swap the engine if not run it until it completely fails I guess.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Apparently the oil was full of soot and cheap which has damaged the bearings, they've flushed the oil but reckon the damage is done.

Going to see if the Gf's Dad thinks he can swap the engine if not run it until it completely fails I guess.
I'm really not a fan of oil flush mate, I'm a great believer in buy a good quality oil and change it regularly.

Adding a oil flush can sometimes cause more problems than its worth, it can dislodge particles that can block oil ways.