ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Temp stop working!!!

hi peeps needed some advice, my oil temperture guage stop working the other day and i was woundering did anyone have any ideas what could be the problem...before i start doing things to the car which i shouldnt....

it was working until i changed a light in the dash and a couple of days it stop and start working but now it does not work at all...

the oil pressure and level guage is working fine..

any ideas cheers....

yeah but where do i look for this do i have to take the dash apart again...lol or is there some senors in the engine bay

Mr2 Roadster

I took my top dash off two days ago, easy as... But I couldnt get the dials out? Why, in the Haynes it says just pull forwards from the top but it was locked in there solid...?

Nicky - I had the same problem as you. I attempted it again, but pulled really hard this time - and the speedo cable came out no problems! Then you need to pull out the other wiring connectors too.

I need to get several sorted on mine.

My rev counter hardly works, somtimes it works for a minute before breaking.

Temp Gauge constantaly says 50% or -1%

And the first dial on the 3 in the centre on the valver dont work.

I is going on a mision to have them all fixed and white dials fitted next week

Mr2 Roadster

Just my oil temp that wont work, what a fecker... Ill put a picture of a naked babe over it and forget it I think much easier...

clio williams, Ph1 172

I got the three oil gauges if anyone wants em. all work perfectly :D. £15 to anyone who wants em. Even all the bumbs are workin!

There are two torx bolts holding them in, hidden by the dash top but visible once dash top removed. Then they just pull back and away from the dash...

Mr2 Roadster

I got the two bolts out but the clocks wont move. They are jamed at the sides? ? ?

16v pie

the dash has to come out again, the three oil gauge is held by two torx screw then the just fall out after being disconeccted

the main clocks have 4 torx holding them in, two at top and two at botton,. u have to take out plastic trim under steering column to it, then once done disconnect the dials withnthe speedo one being hardest to undo

if ur temp is reading off kev its nothin g to do with the dials, its the external temp sensor under ur passenger mirror thats playing up

kev

the answer is i dont know mate lol

all i know is that the external temp is run oft he mirror. but i dont know how to fix it. :oops:

mine works but is about 2 oC out,

try cleaning it:sick:

clio 20v

theres 2 clips holding the 3 oil dials in u can lever the one towards the passenger side up with a screwdriver then ull just have to rag them out withg a bit of force cos u cant get to the other one

some just come out dead easy some are right b******s

adi