ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil warning light

My oil (pressure?) warning light has been on for a while now, never really known what it is and a mechanic friend couldn't see anything wrong with the car when it first happened so i've been driving in it ever since, and nothing has happened but im wondering what it could actually be as it might be hard to sell a car with a oil warning light on so best get it sorted, lol.

Any ideas? It sometimes comes on an off whilst driving so i'm guessing its just dodgy french electrics, but I'd still like to know how to get rid of it.

Thanks in advance :)

Didn't see a point in starting a new thread.. but the problem is still going lol. Nothing at all seems to be different about how the car runs, but the oil / stop light intermittently just flash on and off while im driving. Any ideas?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
As has been said, get the fault cleared and then drive the car if it returns then do some engine bay searching and testing - but chances are something has made the light come on, and the fault is still stored in the memory.