ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oils :)

PB172
Just a quick one.

The 172 is runnin a lil low on engine oil. Not long had a full change and just fancy a top up to keep an eye on it. Asked about and found out 5w40 oil is the one right? How's this?

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-69392-castrol-magnatec-5w-40-c3-fully-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx

I don't perticually wanna buy a new filter and such as I just need to change it over a bit.
Would that Castrol oil be suitable? I only use the 172 as a daily so doesn't need to be amazing for track use etc...

Thanks!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
we sell 1 litre top ups of ELF which is what Renault recommend. We also sell 5 Litre and oil and filter kits. Have a look in our section ;)

PB172
Thanks but I really don't know how much I need :/ It looks really low from the dash reading nad the dip stick :/

I will take a look now though cheers :p

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
there's 1 litre between min and max on the dipstick. Do you know when it was last changed?

Clio 197
any 5w40 fully synth will do the job, pick a brand to fit your budget and change it on a regular basis. If you dont know when it was last changed the its worthwhile doing.

If you want to stick to ELF as recommended Danny @ 519 does oil and filter kits as mentioned above :)

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I'd probably want a decent oil in there for track use. Im sure I read on this site the F4R doesnt agree with Castrol too much? I personally use Valvolene Synpower and a genuine renault filter. Comes to £45 delivered from a seller I use

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'd probably want a decent oil in there for track use. Im sure I read on this site the F4R doesnt agree with Castrol too much? I personally use Valvolene Synpower and a genuine renault filter. Comes to £45 delivered from a seller I use

I heard that from Fred @ BTM and he knows his stuff. But yeah Jude, 5w40 is the one to be putting in there...just depends on how much you need...if its full oil change you need to purchase 6 litres and will have some left over (think its 5.2 Litres {or thereabouts} of oil needed for full change)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
to be honest the only oil i will put in the trophy is the Elf stuff

elf20oil.gif

Clio 197
I heard that from Fred @ BTM and he knows his stuff. But yeah Jude, 5w40 is the one to be putting in there...just depends on how much you need...if its full oil change you need to purchase 6 litres and will have some left over (think its 5.2 Litres {or thereabouts} of oil needed for full change)

No 5ltrs will do you with a bit for topping up :)

PB172
Thanks guys if there's only 1 litre between min and max then I'll just need a top up bottle for sure.
It wasn't done too long ago when Mick at Diamond had it in for a load of work. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about mind.

Can I pick up a single 1 litre bottle from you guys at 519?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Thanks guys if there's only 1 litre between min and max then I'll just need a top up bottle for sure.
It wasn't done too long ago when Mick at Diamond had it in for a load of work. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about mind.

Can I pick up a single 1 litre bottle from you guys at 519?

yes, we have loads on the shelf. Replying to PM now :)