ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OK, I’m In The Market For a New V6 255...

...and obviously Im after the best deal I can get.

The car must meet be completely UK spec, just what Id get from a UK dealer, i.e, 3 years warranty etc I have also been told to avoid parrallel imports - I dont know what one is but I dont want one ! I am also paying cash and dont want finance.

I have come up with the following shortlist :

- Renault Dealer - £26,000 from my local dealer (Harrogate)

- http://www.carhound.comwww.carhound.com - £23,246 (apparantlly full UK spec)

- norwich union cars - £23,945 (also apparantlly UK spec)

http://www.newcarsuppliers.co.ukwww.newcarsuppliers.co.uk - £23,759 (also apparantlly UK spec)

Lloyds TSB - £24,611

Has anyone ever dealed with any of these internet supplied companies ? I know one or two of you on here have used Lloyds TSB, but they are one of the dearer options from my list.

Would I have any problem with the warranty if my car had to go in ? My local dealer hinted if I didnt buy from him, the service department wouldnt be so helpful if there was a problem !!! (Think this might be salesman talk though ?)

Finally, Id like to get one with for the 1st August (this is when the 54 plates come out isnt it ?)

Any help and opinions really appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

I take mine down my local renault dealer for warranty work and service, I didnt buy it from them and never had them say or do anything. ALso mate this is the wrong forum for this subject.

Finally, Id like to get one with for the 1st August (this is when the 54 plates come out isnt it ?)

Any help and opinions really appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

New cars "54" plate are out on 1st September

dk

911 GTS Cab

i boought mine from lloyds and the car came from a dealer in coventry, my local dealer know this and know that i got a cheaper car than they were prepared to offer, they have not said a word when taking my car in for warranty work. They even fitted the splitter that the dealer in coventry forgot to include, so wasnt even their fault or problem and they did it!

plus i cannot recommend lloyds tsb enough, they were VERY helpful.

Lee

BMW M2C

I think it depends a lot on the dealer. My 172 is a parallel import and has been in for work numerous times. The dealer I use has never said a word about its origins. My 182 will be a UK car though.

our corperate scheme is quoting £21547 otr for a V6 255 with no options. This includes all order handling charges.

Company is Provecta

Vehicle:
RENAULT, CLIO HATCHBACK, 3.0 24V Renaultsport 255 3dr (2003)

Extras:

List Price:
£27,100.00

Cash Purchase Price:
(This includes the Provecta Fee)
£21,547.00

contact details:

Telephone: 0118 953 8600

Email: mailto:info@provecta-carplan.co.uk">info@provecta-carplan.co.uk

Note, this is a corperate company who deal in company cars but it may be worth asking for a quote. Just tell them one of your friends family works for a company that uses there car scheme.

Oh, and a 182 is £11737 without any options. ;)

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 12 June 2004

I think it depends a lot on the dealer. My 172 is a parallel import and has been in for work numerous times. The dealer I use has never said a word about its origins. My 182 will be a UK car though.
Im just about to buy a car that was a parallel import. What is the potential problem with them? Its a March 2003 172, and I was told the Renault warranty was invalid because it was imported, but the dealer has offered their own warranty instead.

Are you saying that some Renault dealers will still honour the warranty without asking the cars history?

There has been no problem insuring it (it seems most companies are only bothered about grey imports.)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

If the car was imported from cyprus then youve had it...If it was from anywhere else in the EU then renault UK have to honour the warranty.

If you are buying the car make sure it has the original bill of sale and any warranty bits and present this to renault uk who will then register you.

ian

Mini Cooper S sport

I was told it was imported from France, but I dont have the original bill of sale, and I am certain the dealer doesnt either or they would have told me.

I dont think theres anything dodgy about it because they have all of the documentation (including V5) and both keys with the replacement keycode.

Thanks very much for the information though, Ill investigate further...

Lee

BMW M2C

Renault dealers can enter the VIN and find out which country your car was originally sold in. Any EU country and you are fine, anywhere else and you dont have any Renault Warranty cover.

Mine is from Holland, and Ive never had any problems with the dealership who look after mine.

Im trading mine in for a 182 and the dealer asked me how you can tell its an import!! Thats the largest dealership in the Midlands. lol They wont sell the car off their forecourt though being an import, it will go to a local car supermarket.

Plenty of votes for Lloyds then, has anyone used the other companies involved ?

What sort of questions should I be asking these brokers to make sure I definately dont get an import/parallel import ?

This may sound paranoid, but what if they sold me an import when Id specifically asked not for one ? I wouldnt find out until Id recieved it...

Terzo if you ask for renault imported (a proper UK) car and they sell you a parrallel import then its a breach of contract. I believe your well within your rights to demand a refund plus compensation. Or take them to court.

To be honest though a UK spec parallel is a good option. Should save you bags of money, so you can afford to drive it too!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Terzo 333 on 12 June 2004

Would I have any problem with the warranty if my car had to go in ? My local dealer hinted if I didnt buy from him, the service department wouldnt be so helpful if there was a problem !!! (Think this might be salesman talk though ?)

That is RUBBISH - my car was from Holland and bought from a car dealership in Glasgow, obviously imported by them (all Renaults are imports) and I have had several warranty visits to what was Abercromby Renault in Edinburgh (pre Reg Vardy monkeys) and all the information they wanted from me was the chassis number and a signature to say the work had been carried out.

They never ever asked me where my car came from and they gave me a courtesy car each time.

Surely the three year warranty applies to Renault cars wherever they originated and that is just rubbish sales talk!!

........I have also been told to avoid parrallel imports - I dont know what one is but I dont want one ! ............

if youre that easily led about something you dont know..here goes.... avoid main dealers at all costs, they will rip you off......

A parallel import is the same as a dealer car minus a couple of bits that dont effect anything such as insurance .. they have full 3years reno warrenty that must be honoured by dealers!!! but are thousands cheaper as the brokers normally just have an office and a website not a hugeforecourt to pay for!!!

if you have 20k plus to spend with out doing any research surely you should be logging onto ferrarisport.net instead.....

make sure your car is unregistered straight from the french factory with the full warrenty! pay any more than you have to and its all dealer proft!!! YOU ARE NOT BUYING A BETTER OR MORE RELIABLE CAR - JUST A MORE EXPENSIVE ONE!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 22 June 2004

........I have also been told to avoid parrallel imports - I dont know what one is but I dont want one ! ............

if youre that easily led about something you dont know..here goes.... avoid main dealers at all costs, they will rip you off......

lots of people on here have got really good deals from dealers so i wouldnt really agree with that, its personal preference, some people like to have somewhere to go and browse and speak to someone rather than doing it all over the phone

A parallel import is the same as a dealer car minus a couple of bits that dont effect anything such as insurance ..

not strictly true as imports do not get a cat 1 alarm on the 172/182 as that is added by renault uk at the import centre and can affect the insurance depending on the company.

they have full 3years reno warrenty that must be honoured by dealers!!!

only if it was imported from the EU, if not (such as cyprus) renault Uk will not cover you for the 3 years.

but are thousands cheaper as the brokers normally just have an office and a website not a hugeforecourt to pay for!!!

if you have 20k plus to spend with out doing any research surely you should be logging onto ferrarisport.net instead.....

make sure your car is unregistered straight from the french factory with the full warrenty!

most brokers will insist on it being pre registered, thats how they get such a big discount.

pay any more than you have to and its all dealer proft!!! YOU ARE NOT BUYING A BETTER OR MORE RELIABLE CAR - JUST A MORE EXPENSIVE ONE!
this of course is all you opinion, I wouldnt agree with everything you say, it is all about personal preference at the end of the day and what you feel comfortable with.