ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ok i got a ipod touch...now what?

none, just walk
ive put all my music and films i need on my 16gb ipod touch. But what can this thing really do? i hear all about this jail breaking stuff but what does that do?

i see the software update for january is £13 is it worth it? is there a way to get better downloads without having to pay for them?

Ive got 4gb left and i dont need any more music for now, what programs are good to put on it?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
the £13 upgrade is quite good.
Gives you mapping, email, notes, weather etc, and allows you to have a seperate screen for bookmarks etc.

best thing I woud say is the email function.

As for jailbreak???....still too scared to do mine

none, just walk
just jail broke mine! its much better. if just for some of the games and applications you can put on them.

My ipod is much better now!

It was a easy to do to.

now wait for the novelty to wear off, Wont take long ;)

I've had my iPhone for months and the novelty hasn't worn off. Granted it's also a phone so a bit more useful as an everyday all-day toy. Started out with 1.1.1 unlocked and jaibroken, and now running 1.1.4 unlocked and jailbroken. Jailbreak FTW indeed :D

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
just downloaded the map pack, No correct me if im wrong but couldnt I have just gone onto safari and gone on google maps?

Have i paid for a short cut on my "desktop" or does the maps work off line?

Also, It doesnt havea GPS reciever does it so i cant use it as satnav can i?

the £13 upgrade is quite good.
Gives you mapping, email, notes, weather etc, and allows you to have a seperate screen for bookmarks etc.

best thing I woud say is the email function.

As for jailbreak???....still too scared to do mine

Sod paying for the upgrade, when I jailbroke my iPod touch to 1.1.4 it was included in the jailbreak.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
oooooo £13....proper bank breaker..

Reason I have not jailbroke mine....it was a present, and warranty issues.

The moment you jailbreak it you void the warranty.

i have a iphone 8 gig 1.1.3 jailbroken . lots of top apps from instaler and good updates for instaler also . i have had all the pda window based phones and i must say the iphone is miles ahead of the lot of them . good work apple keep it coming . i phisics is good and the psp app and all the roms r good also the nes i must say is pish 1.1.3 jailbroke iphone the icons wobble . wait and see all the other phone companys going down the iphone and itouch way . i must say i tink apple have got good head in the market like the ipod when it was launched . lots of ppl r put of by the iphone coz of the pish deal u get with o2 shower of fookers i got mine in hongkong 3 months back

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

LOL. Only if you are stupid enough to take it back to apple jailbroken.

When I've £270 for an iPod, I think it's a bit of cheek to then charge for updates that iPhone users get for free!

i dont see the point in having a itouch coz u will wish u had a iphone instead after a week for sure . saying that u can get free phone calls with a itouch if u no how . i can get free call with my iphone over wifi . thats if u no how . the iphone new dont come with the app installer on it only jailbroke ones have . jail brake the mother 1.1.3 software way ahead . 1.1.4 is full of bugs . happy hunting for the cool apps for the installer and good sources also . . they r out there if u look . plenty on you tube if u look