ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OK MY CAR NEEDS LOWERING AND ALLOYS. HMMMM HELP PLEASE

clio 172
hi guys so ive just got off my hols and im thinking my next bit of money will go on my car. so i want to lower my 172 but notice it sits a little bit lower on the front so would i need to got 30mm on the front and 40mm on the back. cause i like the straight look.....

and the other main problem is some new rims.....decisions decisions........... first what size stay with 16" or go 17", and i dont rag my car so i dont need the 16" are better for racing speach..lol and if i go 17" would i need to mod...????

now second what style rims go best, its a silver 172 but might chop it in for a blue 182 in 6 months... now i like ronal turbo rims (but there only 15") or some bbs rs black with chrome dip dish which are 17" , bbs lm's black/chrome lip or some oz racing ruote alloys.........:D:D or just slap on some speedlines....

feedback would be great or any pics with these rims on a clio would help carn't find any myself...thanks

clio 172
ive got the 172 5 spoke alloys on at the mo 16", they've bin refurbed black with new tyres on so are sweet but im a wheel person...lol just want another set for when its lowered. and why not 17"..????????

RS Clio 172 Cup
It's personal preference tbh, but, I dont think 17" look very good, prob do the handling no favours either.

just slam it on 15" or 16" for the best look IMO mate

clio 172
i dont mind 16" but 15 are to small in my opin, and yeah 17 do look abit to big on a clio, its just finding a nice set of 16" alloys....lol

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
17s are fine on a clio for handling if you get the right offset. with 17s you need a good looking wheel and lower it more than 60mm to look good.