ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ok..the gear knob removal question again.

Clio Dynamique+

Ok.... Ive read thru all the posts regarding this topic, can any one just tell me can I get the fekkin thing off without destroying it, and what gear knob fits once its off and finally, how do you then select reverse?

Ta :cry:

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Big pair of mole grips and lots of brute force. Twisting it not just pulling up.A new one will need the cup lift system. The reverse lift mechanism will stay on the gear stick.

Audi S3

i got mine of and i didnt want it of cuz i had a cluch prob and when trying to get it in gear it came off!

doh!

Matt

you can always try covering it with a thick cloth before twisting and tugging on it with the clamp. mine came off intact.

regards,
inf1d3l

i had to saw and pick mine off:(

you need to pick a gear knob that accepts lift shift reverse. unfortunatly there aint a big selection.

ripspeed halfords sell quite a few of em.. theyre just wide opened at the bottom to all the reverse lift to go up