ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oldest 172/cup owner

I know someone whos got a Mk 2 172 and hes 50, but loves his cars. He had a Saxo VTS before that, but when the 172 lease runs out hes going to get the 182 as he thinks theyre great cars!

Im 32. When I was 18 I thought Id be driving a 911 by now. Wife, mortgage and kid due any day now mean the Cup is the biggest thrill I could afford. My motor had to be under £10k, have airbags, 4 seats and be relatively new (and therefore reliable). Ive had it 6 months now and I still get a thrill everytime I hit 6500 rpm in third to overtake some duffer. Done a few track days in it too. At Silverstone a month ago I quickly wiped the smirks off a few 911/Ferrari owners who thought a lowly Clio had no place on the track with them. The instructors loved it also. Great little car.

VaVa

Whoah!! 46!!!??!:eek:! Jeee-sus H Christ!! You nearly as old as my dad!! lol!!;)

Woman in her 50s drives a Cup where I live. Having followed her a few times, I bet she doesnt even know what happens after 5000 rpm....:cry:

My mam has a mk2 172 and shes 46.

She doesnt use the car like it should be treated, although she got up to 125mph on the m60.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 07 June 2004

Whoah!! 46!!!??!:eek:! Jeee-sus H Christ!! You nearly as old as my dad!! lol!!;)
Thanks!!! you know how to make someones day!!:confused:

whats youre mum like..:devilish:

theres a bloke who is in his 60s next to my mates with a honda civic type-r

never goes about 4k lol

im 30 for the next two months thats like a baby on this thread YAY

i did have my first 172 when i was um *does maths* just 27 ;)

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by chris172 on 07 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 07 June 2004

Thanks!!! you know how to make someones day!!:confused:

whats youre mum like..:devilish:
More expensive than yours...;)

he he, i reckon my dad is, hes got a mk2 flame red 172, and hes....

57 !!

and he loves it, he is actually pretty sh*t hot at driving too, and he certainly scares me sometimes the way he throws it around !!

i have got him a sticker as well, put he hasnt put it in yet.

Good god, I never realised that there were so many old fellas and gals driving cups. (I,m 37)

Oh no... Ive just realised. I AM ONE

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

33 .... posted for no more reason than itll get me off 199 posts that Ive been stuck on for days (since Off Topic doesnt count) :)

Also feels good to know that Im only middle aged in Clio ownership terms.