ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/428s/Wilwood/2118

Shiny new oil filler cap on route, courtesy of Tom at Wests. Should make a welcome replacement for the dirty looking original one! :)

Have a few bits on order from streamline carbon too; front diamond, front splitter, fog light surrounds and headlight washer blanks. Hopefully they'll be finished and with me in a couple of weeks or so. :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Looks lovely
the dirty white battery lets it down now sorry to say :(

The battery has been pretty grubby since I bought it. I think it had been left in a dusty warehouse for a while.

It's cleaned up pretty well though, I think. :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

The battery has been pretty grubby since I bought it. I think it had been left in a dusty warehouse for a while.

It's cleaned up pretty well though, I think. :)

A little red top would look nicer ;)

Cars looking pretty good tho :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

FU! I ordered my diamond first so ner!

Ollie's Silver Cup

A little red top would look nicer ;)

Cars looking pretty good tho :)

Thanks! I'm still planning on running the aerocatches too.

Are they quite a bit smaller, in physical size? :)

FU! I ordered my diamond first so ner!

LOL! :rasp: How long ago did you order it? I think they quoted up to 4 weeks; would be a nice surprise if it turned up before then :eek:

Did you get a chance to check your exhaust mount btw?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Last week, Not bothered to be honest - Going on Holiday I do believe :rasp:

Yeah it's perfect no signs of sagging I'm sorry to say for you, however I'd wager the standard back box will weigh a lot less than the K-tecs.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2

It will very much be crackle black paint to the rescue of the tired looking rocker cover! :)

5517355403_082af3cbab_z.jpg

I was wondering if anyone had used wrinkle finish, used to love it on the older bmw M cars, e30 me, e 28 m5 ect

TrackCar & F30 330d

Where's the 3rd bolt which goes into the engine mount/cambelt cover? Its missing on your car so you only have 2 bolts holding your engine inplace instead of 3.

Do JMS not replace it when they did the conversion or have you forgotten to put it back?

Ollie's Silver Cup

I was wondering if anyone had used wrinkle finish

Yep, it was really good stuff and dead easy to use. Really happy with the results. :)

5965032558_b3c81e3b75_z.jpg

Where's the 3rd bolt which goes into the engine mount/cambelt cover? Its missing on your car so you only have 2 bolts holding your engine inplace instead of 3.

Do JMS not replace it when they did the conversion or have you forgotten to put it back?

Ah actually you're right, I hadn't noticed it wasn't there! :eek:

I didn't remove it when painting, so I assume it wasn't replaced when the original intake manifold was removed. I'll look at putting another bolt in there. Thanks! :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Couple of little things being done today.

Relocation of the JL Audio fuse, so it's near enough hidden from view. They've gone to a lot of effort to make it quite stylised (for a fuse) but it's pretty chunky and a bit unsightly sitting on top of the battery! :eek:

Hoping the horn will be working again today; I think the relay has blown, stopping it from working; there's absolutely no power along the cable coming from that point forwards.

Ollie's Silver Cup

The JL fuse has been relocated behind the bumper; although it's only a minor change, I think it's made it look much neater on the battery side of the engine bay! :)

Before, it was sat on top of the battery with the big red power cable looping around. Now it's completely hidden...

5973775805_5046f9db0a_z.jpg

And, the cable runs off down the back of the battery, covered in the black plastic flex trunking;

5974336184_9b07289371_z.jpg

And then neatly tucked away in the front of the bumper, behind the headlight;

5974336494_427b59e279_z.jpg

Finally, just another quick snap of the bonnet up. :eek:

5974336830_5120b5610b_z.jpg

The horn is now working again, which is nice! lol! Turns out actually some wire had snapped/broken, but all sorted now! :D

New oil cap should be hopefully be here tomorrow; again, another little thing, but will hopefully help to keep it looking tidy.

Hoping to get a set of aerocatches ordered this afternoon/evening too. :evil:

182 Turbo Project

Looks good mate!

Where did you get the rattle can for the rocker cover?

Also, why are you fitting catches? If you don't mind me asking? I am considering this package along with the TDF ITB's for my car. I want something that wont make the car look modified from the outside you see.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Looks good mate!

Where did you get the rattle can for the rocker cover?

Also, why are you fitting catches? If you don't mind me asking? I am considering this package along with the TDF ITB's for my car. I want something that wont make the car look modified from the outside you see.

The paint was from a company called ART restorations. I posted the link up in my other thread, actually. :)

Personally, I just like the look of aero catches. There's no reason to have them, as obviously I've got the full slam panel in place. It's just a look thing. :eek:

That's exactly the same position I was in; either the AT body setup or the RS2. I'm very happy with my choice and love the RS2 for what it is.

If I didn't have to use the car every day and it was more of a weekend toy, I'd have probably gone with 'bodies. TDF would have been first choice for that route too, very good package imo! :)

182 Turbo Project

Would you say the JMS package is more suitable for the daily driver? I need to consider that this is my only car and depend on it quite a lot!

Are you going to use aerocatches in addition to the standard catch or remove it when you fit the aeros?

Ollie's Silver Cup

Would you say the JMS package is more suitable for the daily driver? I need to consider that this is my only car and depend on it quite a lot!

In my personal opinion, I think the JMS RS2 is better suited to everyday daily drive cars.

The RS2 seems a little less 'hardcore' and you can easily drive around town or commute to work as normal if you want. However, the noticeable change in the power and delivery is there when you want it. Very good product imo. :)

Having said that, I'm sure many people on here run ITB's on a daily basis and are very happy also.

182 Turbo Project

In my personal opinion, I think the JMS RS2 is better suited to everyday daily drive cars.

The RS2 seems a little less 'hardcore' and you can easily drive around town or commute to work as normal if you want. However, the noticeable change in the power and delivery is there when you want it. Very good product imo. :)

Having said that, I'm sure many people on here run ITB's on a daily basis and are very happy also.

I may have to come and see you sometime, your not that far from me. Would be good to have a proper chat about it before I commit to buying one of these packages!

If that's ok with you obviously!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Are you going to use aerocatches in addition to the standard catch or remove it when you fit the aeros?

Remove the standard catch, I would think. I imagine it would be a bit of a pig having to unsnap the catches before popping the standard catch everytime I wanted to open the bonnet. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

I may have to come and see you sometime, your not that far from me. Would be good to have a proper chat about it before I commit to buying one of these packages!

If that's ok with you obviously!

Sure, that'd be no problem! I'll be at CSS if you're going? :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

I've just ordered a pair of aerocatches; I go them through drift works actually, as they seemed to be the cheapest.

Same as the last time I ordered aerocatches a couple of years ago, they worked out the best price from drift works.

I've gone for the non-locking this time for neatness and after reconsidering will retain the original catch also.

I'd have really liked to go for the full flush fit (ie. without the surround) as they look mint! But, the cut out has to be perfect as there's no surround to hide the cut. Would have been like this;

aerocatch%20flush1.jpg

But, I wussed out and got the plus flush fit with the surround, as below. :eek:

photo-non-locking.jpg

Will make a welcome addition, I think. :)

Ah, and a quick snap I took yesterday while photographing Andy's RB!

5970281581_9ffb87786d_z.jpg

Last edited:
  Ollie's Silver Cup

Most uninteresting update ever, even with photos... ;)

New oil plug arrived from Wests Renault. Fantastic service as ever!

Just a little touch, but helps to tidy up the engine bay some more. :)

5977215085_3e8ba0c48b_z.jpg

And popped onto the engine;

5977215281_d6650b7f07_z.jpg

And, the old dirty worn one that it's replaced;

5977215467_d35bf8c5e5_z.jpg

Also, had an email from Driftworks stating that the aerocatches have been dispatched, so hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow. Would be nice to get them on before CSS. :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Looking good!

On another note, My Gearbox has arrived from Renault Yay, The boys are working on it this PM, fingers crossed ill be at CSS in my car allbeit it will look a total shed until i can put a week or so effort into her!

Just got to hope the wobble has gone!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Looking good!

On another note, My Gearbox has arrived from Renault Yay, The boys are working on it this PM, fingers crossed ill be at CSS in my car allbeit it will look a total shed until i can put a week or so effort into her!

Just got to hope the wobble has gone!

Hopefully it'll be some good news for you once the 'box is done then! :)

Hate to ask, but if it's not the gearbox, what's the next plan of attack?

iirc your RS2 and hoses are all on the car already? So not only will it be wobbleless, but will have awesome noise and excellent power delivery! ;)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Hopefully it'll be some good news for you once the 'box is done then! :)

Hate to ask, but if it's not the gearbox, what's the next plan of attack?

iirc your RS2 and hoses are all on the car already? So not only will it be wobbleless, but will have awesome noise and excellent power delivery! ;)

Plan of action - 1 Gallon of Tescos finest 99Ron and a box of Matches TBH.... I really have no idea!

Yep hoses and RS2 are on so really looking forward to seeing whats what with teh RS2 providing its all sorted!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Plan of action - 1 Gallon of Tescos finest 99Ron and a box of Matches TBH.... I really have no idea!

Yep hoses and RS2 are on so really looking forward to seeing whats what with teh RS2 providing its all sorted!

V-Power FTW! Double points, at least get a nice Ferrari polo shirt out of it! ;)

All the smaller things have been checked though, so it only really leaves the box! :)

If like mine, the RS2 is really good even unmapped. You can tell it obviously needs mapping, but it's actually still very impressive! :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

I've literally just had my insurance renewal notification emailed through; £760 with everything declared and breakdown cover. :)

Can't complain really, having just turned 23 last week.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Thats not to bad, Who with?

I'm a fair bit older than you (31) and I pay £540.00 everything listed

Ollie's Silver Cup

That's with HIC. I've been with them for the last few years actually. :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

That's with HIC. I've been with them for the last few years actually. :)

Might be worth giving Brentacre a call (who i am with) they were by far the cheapest when i was doing my calling around.

Trophy #382

What did you name the RS2 as on your insurance? Uprated inlet manifold or something like that?

182 Turbo Project

So your keeping the existing catch? Won't that be a bit of a ball ache etc?

Why not go for the locking ones? It's only about a tenner more isn't it?

Looking good though matey.