ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Olympus E-420 - anyone used one?

Was just about to pull the trigger on a FZ28 for the misses when she saw a Olympus E-420.

Found it for under £400 inc 2 lenses which seems like a good deal. I noticed it has no image stabilizer, but she does not like the E-520's bigger grip.

I have never used or experienced Olympus so any user opinions would be grand!

Its going to be this or a FZ28.

Lenses are 14-41 & 40-150 iirc.

1.8 Civic EX
awesome camera, I use the E400 with kit lens 14-44 and and olympus 70-300 lens.

www.flickr.com/ryan172 for picture examples.

soooo simple to use for an SLR, nice and small, I get all my kit in a tiny camera cary case.

Only down side is the lens fitment being four-thirds so lens are limited and when you do find some they can be a little expensive compared to a connon or nikon equivelent

The crop factor of the sensor is quite high too which is a bonus in some cases but a set back in others...my 70-300 works out to be the equivilent of somthing like 140-600 in 35mm terms

Also check for some forums, the one i use (quite rarely tho) is something like fourthirdsforum.com, serach for it in google, plenty of infor on bodies and lens' on there..

Wow - those motorcross ones are awesome! Cant stretch to the 70-300 for her but the 40-150 should be enough for general purposes!

May even get her the 25mm pancake at some point!

1.8 Civic EX
Wow - those motorcross ones are awesome! Cant stretch to the 70-300 for her but the 40-150 should be enough for general purposes!

May even get her the 25mm pancake at some point!

Yeah, I like the looks of the pancake lens tbh, would like to have a play with one first before buying though. Good thing is it's so small it'll easilly fit in my bag I have at the moment along with all my other bits :)

E420 is brilliant camera, I was lucky enough to be invited to a UK launch party for it and had a really good play with it.

Lens choice is smaller range than Canon or Nikon, but the lens quality is always awesome. Olympus don't do what you would normally think of as a 'kit' or 'entry level' lens. All of the lenses are quite frankly superb quality.

182 FF Inferno
Arrrgh!! Got me looking at DSLR's now!! Must resist!!

Tbh, can't really afford and don't want to spend much more then £250 so the FZ28 fits in nicely when including a spare battery an d maybe a bag.