ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Omar's car is going to the bodyshop!

Clio 197
I might as well get a new car, lol!

Newly painted, filled & smoothed:
1) Bumper
2) Bonnet
3) Roof
4) Tailgate
5) Mirror Covers
6) Wings

+ Spanking new & freshly painted:
7) Skirt
8) Door

And a new:
9) Windscreen

£££ Don't ask - Paying my insurance excess is painful enough.

Mine needs all the above too... and ive not even crashed!

bloody stonechips :(

hope its sorted quickly for you Omar :)

106 GTi
Would have been quiker to list what is not being painted ;)

Hope they do a good job.

Clio 197
LOL!

Yeah... Can't wait to get it back.

I really want a PC job once it's sorted - an inch thick layer of wax would do very nicely!

Actually, howabout a "bra" to go on it?

Weeman sucks ****
Am I right in saying you should touch the new paintwork for a while after in the risk of damaging the new paint?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I need bumps removed from Passenger door, Bump strips resprayed in the correct colour. and Stone chips removed from front bumper.

Mito Sportiva 135
The cars that I worked on from the bodyshop were fine to work on after a few hours, don't need to wait days or weeks like some people reckon.

Octavia VRS
CHRIS172CUP said:
Am I right in saying you should touch the new paintwork for a while after in the risk of damaging the new paint?

I got told I could polish and wax my car as soon as I got it back from the bodyshop after an accident but I decided to leave it about 2 months!! Better to be safe than sorry

Clio 197
Rich said:
Should not need PC'ing if the bodyshop do there job properly after painting.

Unfortunately, there's one door, one skirt, and one quarter panel that they're not touching. :S

A very good point about leaving the paintwork for a while.

So, how long before I can whack-on a sealant then? Technically it'll be freshly polished?

106 GTi
You can polish fresh paint, it will have been anyway after painting in the bodyshop.

You are not supposed to wax or seal it though till its cured. Depends on paint shop and paint used but normally 30 -60 days.

Oms - They will probably machine polish the whole car anyway if they have that much to paint, as long as they are good it should be returned to you swirl free.

On the plus side Oms, the interior is bloody lovely so hopefully you will have an exterior to match soon. That Homebase thing behind your seat has been working wonders ;)

Clio 197
Cheers Rich! I'll post pics when she's done. :)

I'll have to watch out for chips, since it'll be a bit soft for a while eh?!

ukaskew: Nice one! I bet your car smells new now? ;)

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Mine went in on Sunday for repair...
New rear Quarter panel,painted filled and smooth rear bumper,new alloy,new tyre,new exhaust centre section...comes to 9,600 DHS which is rougly 1,450 pounds. Paying my excess which is only 75 which is great...waiting to hear how long now..

Clio 197
^^

I will... it's won't be for another month though (sending it in two weeks from now).

I BET my courtesy car is a Ka/Yaris!!!