ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMG!!! How low can u go, More ring pics

172, Tiguan

That guy in the Clio only did one or two laps! Very lame. Fancy going all that way and only doing that many laps!!

Maybe he got owned by a standard Cup and left!

Suspension was so hard his poor ass probably couldnt take the pounding any longer. Something you gheys would never suffer from.

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 23 June 2005

Agreed, but I can do it in 9:01 without the fancy suspension, so thatll do for now ;)
Is that all ;)

I thought you said you could knock 15 secs off easily ;)

Dave

172, Tiguan

Was too busy. Ive had a re-think anyway, maybe 8:50 is possible one day in a (standard) Clio but no faster! lol.

172, Tiguan

I did manage 9:35 ish with 4 up in a standard Clio though! Probab;y the most enjoyable lap of the whole weekend, oh apart from the one with the GT3 following!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

lol. you had to be there. traffic was low but it was the get in way kind of traffic.

very frustrating.

I was there the week previous, and believe me it was even busier!

I heard one of you could not ever pass a diesel skoda;)

I think an 8.45 is possible in a Clio. My mate can do an 8.52 in his 205 gti, and the clio is a fair bit faster than that. Although you will NEVER do this with a passenger, I think a passenger add around 5-10 secs per lap.

I am taking the Clio over for a week in August, so Ill have a damn good go at beating 9 mins.

Dave

That bloke with the skoda was a nice chap.

Bit of a come down from his usual mount though?

Boxster > Fabia

Quote: Originally posted by davyboy on 23 June 2005

I think a passenger add around 5-10 secs per lap.
Jon did a 9.03 with me so without my fat arse sat alongside him an 8:33 is possible ;)

172, Tiguan

Good luck with 9 minutes Dave, I think its possible as well. Everytime I timed myself a biker or something decided he wanted a certain apex! It did get bloody annoying, kept getting 9.03s etc..

Guy with the Skoda was a really nice bloke, we had a long chat, (he did get over taken though ;) ) Funnily everytime ive been before he had been as well, quite a regular!!

Not sure the Clio will ever go to the Ring again, but ill be back!!

Beating 9 mins will be easy if I can get a lap without a passenger jumping in. I have never done 1 lap alone in the Clio.

I dont time every lap I do, in fact its rare now, but I think the 944 turbo is 8 secs slower per lap with a passenger.

Dave

How did that cup racer even get a number plate was it road legal with lights and all?

Be intesting to see how long that took to make legal.

E90

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 23 June 2005

How did that cup racer even get a number plate was it road legal with lights and all?

Be intesting to see how long that took to make legal.
French, they dont give a fcuk about anything concerning rules and regulations

E90

anything under 10 is fair shifting, 9 is fcuking quick in a standard clio /cup. 8-8.30 is a quick M3, anything under 8 proper lunacy.

172, Tiguan

And the good thing about the Ring is whilst money buys you a decent car it doesnt buy you a quick lap, I lost count how many M3 owners thought they were quick, yet were taking rediculous lines.

The quick guys are usually in a Passat Estates!

Pah....M3s up your arse!

On my last visit, one dived up the inside of me in to Hatzenbach on our first lap out....I have to admit I call him the C word, then overtook him up Kesselchen despite having 50 bhp less ;)

I agree with whats been said above - the circuit rewards knowledge rather than power.