ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMG Its here at last!!!

Audi TT 225
Sorry for the naff pic I'll have to take some better ones and give you some kinda perspective on just how big this thing is.
50" TV
Its like 1.3 meters wide and 0.8 meters tall (just the telly), home cinema kit etc etc.
Thats not HD on the screen either its some guff the missus was watching on freeview lol.
The 360 looks stunning! I've yet to try running the 360 via a VGA cable, apparently it will scale up DVD's. Just using it on component cables at the moment. Will also hook up the laptop and try some episodes of Heroes Ive downloaded in HD.
All the HD content off xbox live and video marketplace looks stunning. Im presently running it in on low settings and cant wait for the 200 hour mark so I can wack it up again.

I'll post a HD pic or two later so you can see how sweet it looks :approve:

P4290002.gif

Audi TT 225
From what I can gather the phosphours or how ever you spell it burn brighter when its new and during the first 100-200 hours of use. This greatly increases the chances of screen burn. If you run it in on like 45 brightness and 45 contrast and all other settings turned down the image quality improves. Then you can turn it back up to nice bright settings.
You dont "have" to do it but its reccomended on avforums so what the hell they seem to know what they're on about!

Monaro VXR
Heard people saying the complete opposite as well its all just what each person seems to like to do to break the set in. Either way most have been sat on a bench for 50 hours working anyway.

Audi TT 225
This will give you an idea of scale.. Im like 6.3ft and heres Tim's plenham and I know most of you will know how big these are LOL

P4290005.gif

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
my gfs parents got a 50 inch HDTV the other day. its actually insane. you watch ppl on tv and theyr lifesize! haha. well. you know what i mean.

I got theyr old 38 inch one for 50 quid tho :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^ - still don't believe you.

He's 1ft 6" and that bit of exhaust is actually one of those placky bits off a Matchbox model....:rasp:

Telly does look great!

D.

Audi TT 225
Forzza Motorsport 2 is gonna be like driving a real car... Im gonna stick some wing mirrors on the sides!!!

Audi TT 225
Bare in mind this is with the quality and brightness turned down and the XD engine turned off...

First one looks a bit pale because the flash went off
P4290006.gif

Quality! 1080i
P4290009.gif

Time Crisis is the only way to use a 50" telly :D

Looks nice, be interesting to see it once it's "run in".

Does it have any split screen options? Memory card features?

Audi TT 225
Yeah loads of picture in picture options, split screen 50/50, or one main picture with upto three other's down the right side.
It has a PCMCIA slot in the back.

It looked a LOT smaller in the shop along side the 30's and 40"'s LOL
Maybe cuz it was mounted right down at floor level lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
thats nothing, i was watching a 103" plasma at the CeBit show last year, now that was impressive ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Dave, its at John Lewis' just near Hanover Square off Oxford Circus ;)
no way, its actually got to market within a year, fab.

They said it was going to be about £40k?

Think it was a Panasonic or pioneer, as Samsung had a 102" and had to change their signs from the worlds biggest plasma screen to the worlds first 102" plasma screen lol as panasonic rolled up with one an inch bigger for the show!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Yeah I think its 45k from memory. Its the huge one on Oxford Street, top floor. Can't miss it... lol. :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
The 360 looks tiny in comparison to the TV :D My 360 below my 32" LCD does not look so impressive :(

RS Meg 175
looks nice mate, screen burn will only really happen if you have the tv displaying one image for ages or you have a repetitive format displaying such as a menu or a good example is teh MTV logo or other music channels plenty have done it at work (Currys)
I no how f**king big that stand is haha

Audi TT 225
Yeah but who the hells gonna pay 40k for a TV unless your like a footballer or drug dealer...
I paid £1649 for that so its impressive for the money lol
Since Ive been paying attention to it, almost every channel or xbox 360 game has some sort of static part of the screen.... grrr!
Logo's health bar's, cross hairs, etc

Im still gonna run it in as suggested tho because its meant to improve the quality of the picture once its done.
My mate bought an ex demo screen from currys with "Ghost Recon" burned into it hahah
Even if I do get burn its covered by the policy I took out ;)

Yeah had a morning of insert bracket A into flange B and you build the damn thing upside down! Weighs a ton!