ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP subframes for Recaro Pole Positions?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Got a pic of the sliders? I've got the OMP frames and they work fine with my cobra side mounts. Only thing I would say is that they didn't appear to sit all that level...ended up having to use a few spacers under one side!

SchwepTek™
Right then.

My recaro side mounts are 41cm between centre hole from 1 side mount across to the other. And 34cm between front and rear centre holes on the same side mount.

Anyone know if these omp ones will work?

Also can someone point me in the direction of the nuts and bolts I need for attaching the side mounts to subframes and subframes to car.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Aren't the recaro mounts designed to be used with the original renault sub frames? Scrappy?

340i
I have recently had a set of custom subframes made, really good quality..

They bolt directly to the floor pan, you cannot sit any lower ;)

I will take a few photos tomorrow and post them up!

The guy would also be willing to knock up a few more sets if there is any interest...

He does all/any sorts of fabrication, welding, metal work etc.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
I have recently had a set of custom subframes made, really good quality..

They bolt directly to the floor pan, you cannot sit any lower ;)

I will take a few photos tomorrow and post them up!

The guy would also be willing to knock up a few more sets if there is any interest...

He does all/any sorts of fabrication, welding, metal work etc.

Does this involve using the recaro sidemounts still and what about sliders?

I'm using renault sliders, recaro subframes and recaro sidemounts at the moment but the seating position is too high for my liking and the subframes combined with the reno sliders are rather heavy.

340i
The mounts I designed / had made are for the use of fixed bucket seats, I am running Cobra Imola GT's which are pretty wide seats... They just fit on the mount (reaching maximum width of the frame)

But I would be 99% sure you can attach any fixed bucket seats to the frames, as there are not many seats bigger than the Imola GT's I imagine???

I asked the guy again about knocking a few more sets up, he would do a set for £50 (Driver side, Passenger side) Now he has the drawing saved he said it would be pretty simple......... laser cut, bent, welded, Job Done!

I shall try and get a few images posted later, its raining and the seat frames are allllllllllllllll the way down the garden, through the gates and into the garage :rasp: Way too far in the rain hahaa

340i
A few iPhone images.. The camera's really do suck on them!! lol

The frame shown below is the drivers side..

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

I also machined two alloy spacers to go on each corner of the door side frame (Not shown above)..
As there is a 60mm step down from the exhaust tunnel side to door side, this keeps the frame one level surface rather than having a step down with the cross members.

340i
Maybe Gray-Motorsport™ Will have to start trading again haha ;)

It took the guy 3 days to fabricate my frames... I shall try and ask him tomorrow if and when he can make another set?