ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

on the limiter

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 23 April 2003

Yes all non sport models have the dials like it, therefore i reckon my revs are limitless and so is my power.
hahahaha no.

my run about hits the limiter fast, but i can hear a pinking sound at 7000rpm
its a xr3i mind you , also loads of black smoke,

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by SHORTY on 23 April 2003

on the limiter to the point the engine is screaming help :devilish:
does this do harm to the engine
nah most engines can rev 1000rpm higher than the limiter its just there to prolong the life of the engine

nice one tomclio for that advice
i will rev it a bit harder on the way home from work
also my mate said to get a good speed going about 90mph and then jam into reverse
sounds cool

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Does every single car have a limiter? I know my 1.4RT does cos its bounced off it a few times at like 6500-6750 but driving my g/f 1.1 Fezzy, it either doesnt have a limiter or Im just to scared to get it to the limiter for fear of it blowing up

Quote: Originally posted by SHORTY on 23 April 2003

is there any way to increase the rev limit on the clio 172

The apexi controllers can override the limiter on some jap cars... dont know if it would work on factory rev limit...? Speak to BB perhaps?

silver valver/hybrid

Does every single car have a limiter?

i dont think the older cars do, my old micra must have gone to about 9000rpm lol! didnt have a rev counter but it used to scream. Also my mate had a 36 year old morris 1100, he thrashed the bollox off it, untill he knackered the valves, but it wouldnt die! used 2 litre of oil a day though!

why do you want to raise the limiter? Its usually set beyond the point at which your car is not producing its peak power and usually way past the point its producing its peak torque. The only reason I can think of is to avoid changing gears in mid corner.

Anyway, modifying your ECU will do the trick. get it reprogrammed or replaced. will cost you 150 squids upward.

hey SHORTY u wanna change when the green light flashes cus after it power starts to drop if you do both you notice ur going quicker

Shorty - the reason your old civic use to redline at 9k was because it was a different engine!! take a clio to 9k and watch as the valve springs exit via the bonet! :sick:

Most honda engines only rev so high because of the VTEC system, like rotary engines they are able to cope with such presures unlike convertional engines.