ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

one for the suspension guru's?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
or anyone else that can help me......

am i right in thinking that increasing the negative camber angle will give more grip on turn in?

the mk1 seems to be suffering with a wayward rear end, there is oodles of front end grip on turn in and it is VERY responsive and direct, however it constantly feels like it is 'dragging' the back end round and will snap out without any real warning

basically i am trying to gain a more balanced feel of over/under steer, at the min there is zero understeer (well, from driving as fast as is legal on the roads, but even in the wet it hasn't understeered once) and yet the back end feels very loose and has stepped out at some worryingly low speeds in the wet

so my question is, will reducing the front camber (say from -2.5 to -1 degree) reduce turn in grip, making the back feel more planted (providing i am not throwing it around)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Id say the best person to answer your question is 480bhp.com (Chris).

He knows so much about this stuff its unreal. My 182 was under steering a little and he told me to raise the rear a touch and it sorted it out. Sorry I can't be any more help but it will be worth PM-ing him maybe.

SQ5
Try making the rear a little a softer, then go for a test drive and see what its like. Keep getting it a little bit softer until it feels like possibly going to understeer and then wind back quarter turn/two clicks

If it's as bad as you say, i'd check the rear toe, sounds like it could be toeing out.

There's loads more to check/change but until you've had the car aligned you can't rule out the obvious.

Chris

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Try making the rear a little a softer, then go for a test drive and see what its like. Keep getting it a little bit softer until it feels like possibly going to understeer and then wind back quarter turn/two clicks

the rears arent adjustable, they are decarbon fixed rate dampers from the cup race cars

is it possible that you're bottoming out your rear dampers, or hitting a bumpstop?

im not sure if anyone has messed with the ride height, it does look pretty much the same height as every other original cup race car i have seen though

If it's as bad as you say, i'd check the rear toe, sounds like it could be toeing out.

There's loads more to check/change but until you've had the car aligned you can't rule out the obvious.

Chris

right i will get it aligned and see what's what