ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

one for you lot

Let me get this straight, he's surprised that a cheap, french, NA performance hatch feels cheap and requires you to kick it's head in to get the best performance? Really?

Does this guy live in a cave?

GTiR 394bhp
Its a similar response to what you'd get on here if someone said their suzuki swift or similar could keep up with an rs clio.You get it on every forum.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Love the "it's french, says it all really" line that always comes out. Cheers, now I know you're a moron.

A 197 heavy? Err isn't a WRX somewhere in the region of 1300kg and the 197 cup is about 1050kg?

CLIO 182
Boring pub talk really.

Who cares? The interior comment is a bit of a joke too, the scobbie interiors are just as plasticy as any other cheap car.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I like how civilised the discussion was on the scooby forum, no-one got angry and no-one took the piss,
if you had the same topic on here it would just end up in name calling and hatred.

260% JCW
I like how civilised the discussion was on the scooby forum, no-one got angry and no-one took the piss,
if you had the same topic on here it would just end up in name calling and hatred.

Must all be grown ups, and not spotty sheep who follow there mates.

Mini Cooper S sport
Well of course they're biased, they're Scooby enthusiasts and on that basis I didn't see anything wrong with what any of them said.

CS is the same with most other marques. Nothing's faster than a 172 Cup you know.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Don't see how it is a biased thread, alot of people in there are slating WRXs'. Think one guy even says he has always liked the 1*2s.

Interesting to read a forum without all the sarcastic bullsh*t and ars* licking that goes on here.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
80% I enjoy reading. The rest of the time it gets silly tbh, and for the most I stay away from those thread.

Regardless there aren't many, if any, forums on the internet that are as informative as helpful as this one. I'm a member on a Mini forum, I won't name which. And that is full of complete t*ssers.

M135i
When they started 'pubbing it up' and started talking figures, i pressed the red X on the top left of my screen.

260% JCW
Flol @ the CS hate.

I've never read such a biased thread. I think this place is sometimes diverse in it's car thoughts. There are of course the twisties crew who think their Clio is a world beater.

To easy...

Clio RS 200
Tw*t clearly didnt bother researching or he may have gone for a non cup if he wanted aircon etc.

Dont believe him about the mini. I had a mini 1.6 petrol as a hire car in spain last week and that was a sh*t as anything! You could pull away in 6th a beat them! :butt:

They seem like a reasonable bunch. Like most forums they have a couple of w*****s thrown in there but it's to be expected. I've yet to come across a forum that doesn't have it's resident dickheads.

Mk5 golf gti
Scoobynet is a great forum, the odd idiot but hardly surprising

the amount people go into detail to help you out is shocking sometimes

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looks like a balanced argument from some owners.

I'm probably guessing the guy who test drove the 197 probably put his foot down low revs, caught out by the lack of boost and the involvement needed to drive it. I think he didn't do his research before going to look at it.

I thought it would be a long time before I could keep up with a scooby in my time driving,but to my suprise even my old saxo vts used to hound them all day long. As soon as they're mapped though its bye bye

There's a finite speed that any sensible person threads a car down a b-road anyway. Never understood why some people seem to think power means you're gonna be twice as fast everywhere. An old one litre Mini could keep up with most things on a windy lane.

RE: straight line speed, let's be honest, the 197 hardly snaps necks, so he's not exactly telling fibs about his experience in the car.

RS6 C7
my dad used to have a 197 a year or so back and we raced a standard scooby on a duel carrigeway , The scoobys have a lot more torque and we were going at 50ish so it left us but once you get the 197 in the rev range it flies! Basically just rev the tits of it and there isnt much that would win at that price range..

although on the test drive came across a Mini Cooper diesel and had to practically red line the thing through the gears just to pass him!....

....Best thing was when i asked the salesman to show me the mpg on the trip computer. Overall 24 mpg
Nice...

Evo 5 RS
LOL ^ as above

Sounds like a bit of a turnip this guy! You just feel like saying you're comparing a turbo saloon car, which I doubt is standard - to a N/A hot hatch... they're not going to have the same drive are they, you silly silly man!

Looks like a balanced argument from some owners.

I'm probably guessing the guy who test drove the 197 probably put his foot down low revs, caught out by the lack of boost and the involvement needed to drive it. I think he didn't do his research before going to look at it.

I thought it would be a long time before I could keep up with a scooby in my time driving,but to my suprise even my old SAXO VTS used to hound them all day long. As soon as they're mapped though its bye bye

yeah mate but tbf that thing did shift

182 Inferno Orange
Im not a massive fan boy, I dont love reanult because I like my 182, I judge every car pretty much impartially. I know the cars are very good at some things but heavily compramised in other areas. However moaning about it being plasticy? Coming from a scooby! Subarus are as plactic as the bathrooms of most of there pikey drivers mobile rape shed caravans! If your coming from a 7 series then maybe but its not built to be amazingly plush inside.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
There's a finite speed that any sensible person threads a car down a b-road anyway. Never understood why some people seem to think power means you're gonna be twice as fast everywhere. An old one litre Mini could keep up with most things on a windy lane.

RE: straight line speed, let's be honest, the 197 hardly snaps necks, so he's not exactly telling fibs about his experience in the car.

250 Snaps necks IIRC? Rare FTW-

S