ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One of the best Clio Rally car in the uk !!!

S16

ClioSport Club Member
  clio
It will be nice to to see who has the best Clio rally car ?
This should be interesting!

Last edited:

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
here’s mine

53099C92-861E-4365-A8AE-E645CD139990.jpeg

S16

ClioSport Club Member
  clio
Yes I will when Clio sport invites me at the next show . Once COVID-19 is over
Sorry I am new to the site but it’s really nice to be part of it 👍

S16

ClioSport Club Member
  clio
Yes I do but I will keep it a surprise and let everyone see it one day .

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Steve Quigley's car was pretty quick. Don't know if he still has it. Abi Mahmood has a Clio F2000, so looks like a S1600, but has a 2.0-litre engine. Don't know much about it.

Who is it on here that has @NorthloopCup's old engine? Didn't that end up in a car with a clicky box?

View attachment 1473016

Heres mine, doesn't count though as Im in Aus.

There can't be many rally Clios down under!

@Nathan Evans I think we are going to get yours to be one of the best in the U.K. 😉

Uh oh, what are you pair up to lol

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Steve Quigley's car was pretty quick. Don't know if he still has it. Abi Mahmood has a Clio F2000, so looks like a S1600, but has a 2.0-litre engine. Don't know much about it.

Who is it on here that has @NorthloopCup's old engine? Didn't that end up in a car with a clicky box?

Abis is fastest in the uk on paper. 300bhp megane maxi engine. Same with a few others who had quick ones a couple of years ago, mine will keep up with them at the minute no doubt with the spec it is, but I’ve got a new car which will hopefully be a step up

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Abis is fastest in the uk on paper. 300bhp megane maxi engine. Same with a few others who had quick ones a couple of years ago, mine will keep up with them at the minute no doubt with the spec it is, but I’ve got a new car which will hopefully be a step up

Oh, the one you mentioned a while back?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

@richard1764 has my old engine mated to a sadev clicky

Oh and we are up to nothing illegal. 😉😂

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
@NorthloopCup and @Nathan Evans cooking something up will be interesting!
Definitely when you look at the inboard videos Nathan is definitely a very quick driver. It doesn't mater what your in if you can't drive you won't get anywhere. I am to old to drive quick these days and having kids stops you taking your brain out at the start line lol. Nathan and Ian will need to have a shoot out one day on epynt........

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
For those who haven't seen it as it hasn't been updated in a long time , my build thread

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
@richard1764 has my old engine mated to a sadev clicky

Oh and we are up to nothing illegal. 😉😂

From what Nathan told me, it's going to be rather good :cool:

@NorthloopCup and @Nathan Evans cooking something up will be interesting!
Definitely when you look at the inboard videos Nathan is definitely a very quick driver. It doesn't mater what your in if you can't drive you won't get anywhere. I am to old to drive quick these days and having kids stops you taking your brain out at the start line lol. Nathan and Ian will need to have a shoot out one day on epynt........

Oh yes. The driver makes such a huge difference, especially at the level most of us compete at, as there is so much variety in experience and ability. I've seen Simon Mauger put a pretty basic 1400 Micra into the top five on a single venue. Just shows what genuine WRC level experience looks like compared to us mere mortals 😂

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Oh yes. The driver makes such a huge difference, especially at the level most of us compete at, as there is so much variety in experience and ability. I've seen Simon Mauger put a pretty basic 1400 Micra into the top five on a single venue. Just shows what genuine WRC level experience looks like compared to us mere mortals 😂
Seat time is also important imo, when I did 12 cars and road rallys I did 2 years of championships and the difference in confidence is night and day compared to the od event. I am on 2 events in 5 years at the minute lol.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Seat time is also important imo, when I did 12 cars and road rallys I did 2 years of championships and the difference in confidence is night and day compared to the od event. I am on 2 events in 5 years at the minute lol.

I'm knackered then 😂

clio172cup
Just took this photo from bedroom window. My baby, bought her April 2016, wanted a cheap car to use for stage rallying, unfortunately cage not eligible, can't bring myself to sell her, she's Awesome.
IMG_20200510_160600.jpg

clio172cup
Road rallying is just as fun can you not do that?
I've had the same navigator for 20 plus years but unfortunately his eyes aren't what they were so road rally's are a thing of the past for us. We moved to stage rallying in 2004, we now just pick and choose a few stage events a year.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
I've had the same navigator for 20 plus years but unfortunately his eyes aren't what they were so road rally's are a thing of the past for us. We moved to stage rallying in 2004, we now just pick and choose a few stage events a year.
Wish I had a navigator! No one wants to do it and people who show an interest are put off by what's involved unfortunately.

clio172cup
Wish I had a navigator! No one wants to do it and people who show an interest are put off by what's involved unfortunately.
Yes your right it isn't easy to find navigators these days, let alone ones who pay!. Mine used to fall asleep on the drive home from night events, we got stopped by police a few times and he didn't know anything about it, police man always found it amusing tho lol

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
There are a few nice cars out there, most of the quick ones Ex Clio cup. I converted my cup car back in 2009, now RHD, running a new ST75 gearbox, ITB's, big brakes etc. Could be for sale soon if anyone's interested.

1590077431306.png
1590077481056.png

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Hi mike
Do you still have the bits left from your old gearbox ?
If so I'm interested in them
Cheers Ian

Hi Ian, I sold it all to Steve a while back unfortunately. Should have held onto it really but at the time it paid for new shafts etc for the ST75.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Hi Ian, I sold it all to Steve a while back unfortunately. Should have held onto it really but at the time it paid for new shafts etc for the ST75.
I should have bought it a couple of years ago when I asked you about it , but my car has been stored a few years and forgotten about while I've built a house and became a dad again!
Unfortunately now Sadev have stopped making parts for them , so if anything goes wrong I'll have to find someone else to copy the gears .
Are you doing Jersey this year ? I'm planning on coming over if it runs , my engine is being rebuilt at PMS at the moment , so hopefully will end up with a bit more power , and certainly more torque