ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One problem to another...

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
After a few weeks of "Woooooooooom" at 40mph, and a few suggesting a wheel bearing problem i ordered the part.
However, today after i'd finished college forever and was on the final KFC dinner; when setting off back to college, something snapped. It was a horroble noise.
Every revolution of the driver's wheel i heard a crunch. So i pulled over to give it the once over, couldn't see anything so i drove home at about 2mph with the fear of my life and annoyance of the 12 car line of traffic behind me. :eek:
I took the brake calliper/disc/ everything else off to find that one of my wheel bearings had snapped in half and that was the cause of the crunch. It was an absolute nightmare to get off.
Gave it a good smack with the hammer and it came out.
When putting the new wheel bearing on, i found out Autosupplies gave me the right part for my reg car, however it did not fit; and instead i suggested a wheel bearing off of a 2.0L clio, which fit fine. :S
So i slapped this one on fine, went on a heck of a lot better than taking it off... :cool:
After reassembling the whole arm of the wheel, and putting the wheel back on; i chipped my newly painted alloys. :mad: Not happy.
I thought job done. But i was wrong...

Just took it out for a spin now, sounds much much healthier.
However, the temperature gauge is fluctuating a lot. (Not crazy high, but more than i'd like it to do...)
Also, it seems to feel abit "off" when i break, by which i mean, it feels abit crunchy...
I need a new Ball Joint, as i took abit of the rubber off, but i wouldn't have guessed this to be the problem.

Cheers for reading :sleepy:
If you have any suggestions or advice, that'd be great.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Temp gauge sorted itself out.
Breaks still feel off, but i'm guessing it might be down to wearing them back in as i've had them off?

Any ideas?