ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus 3 - Announced & Launch Dates/Times

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
This is becoming a yearly event for me. But definitely excited about it.

OnePlus-3-render-leak_1.jpg

OnePlus-3-GFXBench-Napidroid_1.jpg

OnePlus-X-Software-AH-2.jpg

OnePlus-3-leak-with-a-case_2.jpg

OnePlus-3-leak-with-a-case_3.jpg

OnePlus-3-leak-with-a-case_4.jpg

OnePlus-3-leak-with-a-case_6.jpg

Ripped from various places

OnePlus 3 UK release date: 14 June 2016
OnePlus has confirmed that the OnePlus 3 will be launched on 14 June 2016 at 12.30pm Eastern Time, and the phone will go on sale from 3pm Eastern Time.
According to GizmoChina, which quotes an alleged OnePlus employee, the OnePlus 3 will cost from 1,999 Yuan for the 4GB RAM, 32GB storage model. This converts to roughly £210.68. A 6GB RAM, 64GB storage model will be priced a little higher.

An AnTuTu benchmark has surfaced showcasing a massive 6GB RAM capacity. We expect to see several variants of the OnePlus 3, with a 4GB RAM version that comes with both 32GB and 64GB internal storage, and a 6GB RAM phone with 64GB internal storage.

The full spec for the OnePlus 3 has leaked from TENAA (via Android Central). It will have a 5.5in full-HD (1920x1080 screen), a 2.15GHz quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, 16Mp rear- and 8Mp front cameras, plus a 3000mAh battery.

Evan Blass (@evleaks) is one of the most highly respected and trustworthy tipsters online, so we're inclined to believe what he says about the OP3 featuring a 5.5in full-HD screen, Snapdragon 820 processor, 64GB of storage, a 16Mp rear camera and NFC.

OnePlus 3 basics: 5.5-inch 1080p, Snapdragon 820, 64GB storage, 16MP rear camera, NFC. SS from an N preview build. pic.twitter.com/u1a0hQoEIP
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) May 24, 2016

The latest leak suggests the OnePlus 3 will feature Oppo's VOOC fast-charging technology, which could potentially recharge its 3500mAh battery in just 15 minutes! This news comes via GizmoChina, which says a OnePlus A3000 with 5V/4A (20W) fast-charging tech has just been certified in China. However, @evleaks says the OP3 will feature a 3000mAh battery.

NETWORK Technology
GSM / HSPA / LTE
LAUNCH Announced Exp. announcement 2016, June
Status Rumored. Exp. release 2016, June
BODY Dimensions 152.6 x 74.6 x 7.3 mm (6.01 x 2.94 x 0.29 in)
Weight 160 g (5.64 oz)
SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
DISPLAY Type AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.5 inches (~73.3% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 4
PLATFORM OS Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
CPU Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo
GPU Adreno 530
MEMORY Card slot No
Internal 16 GB, 2 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM or 64 GB, 6 GB RAM
CAMERA Primary 16 MP, f/1.8, OIS, laser autofocus, LED flash
Features 1/2.6" sensor size, 1.3 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
Video 2160p@30fps
Secondary 8 MP, f/2.0, 1080p
SOUND Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
COMMS WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, LE
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
NFC Yes
Radio No
USB v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
FEATURES Sensors Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push Email
Browser HTML5
Java No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- DivX/Xvid/MP4/H.265 player
- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player
- Document viewer
- Photo/video editor
BATTERY Non-removable Li-Ion 3650 mAh battery
MISC Colors Gray, Black, Gold

Prices
We have also come to know about the OnePlus 3 prices for the different variants. It is being said that the lowest variant (possibly with 4GB RAM and 32GB storage) will be priced at CNY 2299 ($349), with the second variant (possible 4GB/64GB configuration) being priced at CNY 2499 ($379). The third variant (might be a 6GB RAM/32GB storage model) will cost CNY 2699 ($409), while the fourth top-end variant (possibly 6GB/64GB model) will cost CNY 2799 ($425).

4GB RAM Models
32GB - £247 ($349)
64GB - £267 ($379)

6GB RAM Models
32GB - £288 ($409)
64GB - £299 ($425)

Launch dates and times
Launch schedule for all time zones on June 14:
  • 12.30 PM EDT (New York)
  • 9.30 AM PDT (San Francisco)
  • 4.30 PM UTC/GMT
  • 5.30 PM BST (London)
  • 6.30 PM CEST (Paris)
  • 10.00 PM IST(Bengaluru)

Last edited:
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
Will be ordering myself one pretty quickly, ASAP... I have the oneplus one as a spare and use my two atm... However fast charge is something I need in my life as I stream TV pretty much 6 or 8 hours a day at work etc.

Great phones for those who haven't had one before...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Wow! I'll see what the camera is like!
Bet you a shiny penny it's the same hardware as on the OP2.

It's more than adequate TBH, I use it 99% of the time, ignoring the £5k in SLR camera kit I have in the cupboard... probably says all you need to know.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Battery life better or worse than OP2?
Better for sure. The charge time is unreal. Can't believe it's that fast but the charger is chunky.
Only issue so far has been resolved it's had 5 updates since launch and got a new one last night which I haven't installed yet.
First full week on the phone and it's super fast, responsive.
Looks great, feels lovely.
I got clear coat for it and it makes it usable without a case but I bought the carbon which I've just put on, doesn't add much bulk but protects the camera which I wanted more.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Does oxygenos still not allow folders in the app drawer?

The app drawer looks (looked) horrible on the opo.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Ended up buying one of these from O2 today for a couple of reasons, a) I liked the screen size, b) Its £400 cheaper than the equivalent iphone 7 plus and c) Dual sim is handy so i dont have to carry two phones around.

I now have a question on the dual sim, I would like to set it up so at 7am my work contacts are displayed along with my personal contacts. Come 6pm i want my work contacts to disappear and leave just my personal contacts.

I want this Monday to Friday and then weekend to just be personal contacts. Is this possible?

@rctempire you seem to know the OnePlus3 well.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can you get these on a contract with say ee? Apologies if that's a daft one.

My contract is due on the 11th October and debating wether to get an iPhone 6 or something else. My current 5s is absolutely spot on.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Can you get these on a contract with say ee? Apologies if that's a daft one.

My contract is due on the 11th October and debating wether to get an iPhone 6 or something else. My current 5s is absolutely spot on.

The phone is exclusive to O2 in the UK. I can confirm however you can go into O2 and buy a pay as you go phone and it will be unlocked from the box.

Mine which I got today is currently running with an E E & a Vodafone sim card simultaneously.