ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus 2 - Announced

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Do you have it to fetch like every 5 mins?
Decrease the sync time to 30 mins.

Potential that inbox is doing it?
On cloudmagic and my battery is perfect, 5 accounts all set up. Including Exchange Push and fetch for all pop/imap.
Inbox works through push notifications so won't be the problem.

It's the kernel and OS that's draining the battery. Every battery app is pointing to those. I have f**k all wakelocks though and it's near on impossible to tell what else could be causing it.

I tried this morning without AK Kernel and it was just as bad. Even worse tbh but the battery drain stats still pointed to the same things

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Screen on time? What does your battery use page look like where it shows the battery level against screen/sleep/GSM state etc?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Screen on time? What does your battery use page look like where it shows the battery level against screen/sleep/GSM state etc?
Not even 3 hours screen time lol. Can get info from BBS or GSam battery monitor too if they'd be more use.

Also I'd ignore the clean master entry in there, bit of an abnormal one because I was just trying that today to clear stuff out. Didn't do much.

uploadfromtaptalk1449587451106.png

uploadfromtaptalk1449587457975.png

uploadfromtaptalk1449587465651.png

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Not even 3 hours screen time lol. Can get info from BBS or GSam battery monitor too if they'd be more use.

Also I'd ignore the clean master entry in there, bit of an abnormal one because I was just trying that today to clear stuff out. Didn't do much.

View attachment 142365

View attachment 142366

View attachment 142367
Everything but the one I wanted! Lol

Click on the graph and it shows you another screen, post that one.

(it basically shows you what was active at a point in time)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
And on a completely factory phone does it do the same? (I.e no apps installed)

It's got to be an app or some setting.

This is my graph from yesterday, ignore the red bit, it's a lie as I'd switched off my second sim at that point which was active all day until that point.

8c48fd8c04bbe3f1ba0d1df29d9c90db.jpg

Greenify was disabled during the whole period.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right it would appear my battery just took a bit of a fit this morning lol and dropped right off for no reason. It sat around 50% for ages as if the actual battery level was catching up with what was indicated. Now on 36%

Graph looks like so...
uploadfromtaptalk1449666550554.png

Where the phone signal goes amber is when I get into work. Before then was me driving to work. Was showing LTE both times but seems to always be amber or red in my work.

There's also these alarms showing in better battery stats:
uploadfromtaptalk1449666630602.png

Am I right in thinking the android ones could be the reason for my android OS and kernel showing up as the highest battery users?

Also, I've never actually tried to see how battery is on the phone when completely stock. I'm assuming it'd be OK though and I'm hoping this is all being caused by settings or apps and is something that can be fixed.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's something you've got installed or a setting, compare your "awake" vs "screen on" to mine. See how little my awake is on.
Your screen if off and then the phone remains awake for ages after (like 30 mins to an hour).

Can you charge your phone at work and then leave it overnight on battery and then post the screen in the morning?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Right it would appear my battery just took a bit of a fit this morning lol and dropped right off for no reason. It sat around 50% for ages as if the actual battery level was catching up with what was indicated. Now on 36%

Graph looks like so...
View attachment 142433

Where the phone signal goes amber is when I get into work. Before then was me driving to work. Was showing LTE both times but seems to always be amber or red in my work.

There's also these alarms showing in better battery stats:
View attachment 142434

Am I right in thinking the android ones could be the reason for my android OS and kernel showing up as the highest battery users?

Also, I've never actually tried to see how battery is on the phone when completely stock. I'm assuming it'd be OK though and I'm hoping this is all being caused by settings or apps and is something that can be fixed.

Fire the whole thing back to completely stock.

Still got an issue ? Send it off for repair/replacement.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's something you've got installed or a setting, compare your "awake" vs "screen on" to mine. See how little my awake is on.
Your screen if off and then the phone remains awake for ages after (like 30 mins to an hour).

Can you charge your phone at work and then leave it overnight on battery and then post the screen in the morning?

Yeah, it seems like it's all the alarms that are triggering. Need to find out what's causing those.

I'll give that a go and see how the battery is in the morning.
Fire the whole thing back to completely stock.

Still got an issue ? Send it off for repair/replacement.
Was trying to avoid having to do that and back everything up then restore it back again [emoji20]

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Arrived this morning.

First impressions .. apart from the finger print scanner thing, it feels like I've gone back a generation.

Brightness swipe on the top isn't there .. and I can't make the screen resolution any better which is ANNOYING on a phone with a screen this big.

Doesn't seem to flow with Google so much either .. feel like I'm on my own rather than got things backed up properly.

Hmm..... will give it a couple of days...

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Arrived this morning.

First impressions .. apart from the finger print scanner thing, it feels like I've gone back a generation.

Brightness swipe on the top isn't there .. and I can't make the screen resolution any better which is ANNOYING on a phone with a screen this big.

Doesn't seem to flow with Google so much either .. feel like I'm on my own rather than got things backed up properly.

Hmm..... will give it a couple of days...
How you finding it?

There's a lot of small things like that missing in oxygen OS. Annoying but you kinda get used to it. If they ever get the fingerprint scanner and laser focus thing working on cyanogen I'll be moving back to that.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The only thing I miss is the led notification light not working with Lightflow. Even Carl is coming up against this issue now... So maybe it might get fixed sooner rather than later now.

I have the brightness adjustment on my status, and not sure what is meant by adjusting resolution, you mean icon sizes?

My only annoyance is car bluetooth stuff isn't working properly, so none of my contacts show up, and I can't call anyone without typing in their number manually or doing it from my phone.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
How you finding it?

There's a lot of small things like that missing in oxygen OS. Annoying but you kinda get used to it. If they ever get the fingerprint scanner and laser focus thing working on cyanogen I'll be moving back to that.

Yeah same as you - annoying really ! I'm tempted to go back to Cyanogen TBH.. will give it a month or so.

The main gripe really is the screen res. Like buying a 4K TV to watch your VCR on it .. utterly pointless !!

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Thats the finger print/ button failed.
Cannot use it, this will be the 3rd phone via RMA.
The heck is going on.

Also
Dial *#808#
Secret testing menu.

The fingerprint/home button is not a hardware failure, its software. It doesnt work everytime but if you go into the software section and clear the cache on fingerprint, then hold the power till it force powers of it usually fixes it. Mine has broken 3 times, and Ive eventually managed to get it working again. The first time it broke the phone was used for 3 weeks before it suddenly kicked back into life!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Anybody else installed the marshmallow beta?

f**k me it's swift. Fingerprint seems pretty flawless under it.

2014 Clio 200t edc
yep love it!! so much quicker and smoother. look forward for the final release though as i don't like betas.