ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Only indicating left/ umf fault.

1.2 clio dynamique
Wasnt sure if this should be posted in faults or electrical, as its both!

Basically my car has decided to only indicate left, i think its quite probably the umf acting up as this seems to be a common fault. i have already changed the stalk so that eliminates that.

Ive read that there are a few companys that will repair it without having to take it to renault/getting it re-coded ect but so far i am unable to find any concrete details?

Anybody got some details for me?

Really pissed off as lumping every electronic device into one unit seems like a stupid idea to me!

Sorry if i should of searched, cheers in advance for any help
smiley1.gif

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
You could try and get hold of UCH, ECU (not 100% sure if this is needed), locks, keys and immob ring off another Clio that's being broken for spares and put it onto yours.

Renparts or if you pay the membership cars being broken on here may be able to sort you out.

1.2 clio dynamique
Its a 2002/52 plate 1.2 16v, i would prefer to sort this out as quickly and as easily as possible, however im not made of money so im guessing dropping it off to a renault dealer wouldnt be a brilliant idea!

What sort of work is involved in regards to getting a new umf/key/imobaliser ect?

www.renparts.co.uk
just seen this really common problem on that model, new ecu kit from us is £170 plus £6.50 delivery - will need to know the numbers off the uch (module under the n/s dash)