ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Only Just Noticed....

Leon TDI

That when i select reverse gear on my Mk2 172, the rear wipers turn on automatically.

Nice touch...;) I wonder what other little hidden extras enginners put time in effort into deveolping, but go missed by the less observant muppets like me.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Its all these nice touches tho, that help make the choice easy :D and makes you wonder why BMW, and the like have not had that kind of thing for a long time etc.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Ok heres one I found... its been raining all night, you get in your car and turn on your front wipers to clear away the water and your rear one goes off as well.

See... Renault arent that bad.

When I picked up my 172 I was told that if you have the Wipers "on" in sense mode if you select Reverse Gear itll give ya a Courtesy Swipe with the Rear Wiper.

Works like that as well so I guess he wasnt lying :)

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 07 April 2004

Its all these nice touches tho, that help make the choice easy :D and makes you wonder why BMW, and the like have not had that kind of thing for a long time etc.

BMW have had touches like that for ages, on my dads M reg BMW 520 the wipers went to intermittant when you stopped.

I find the auto rear wiper a pain in the ar*e (even after only 5 days of ownership) - I use a bike carrier and need to remember not to use the rear wiper when its on cos it rests on the back window and the wiper hits it! Means Ive got to remember toswitch the wipers off before I select reverse.

Well, its a bit silly.. maybe you can turn auto-rear-wiper off? Im guessing its pretty annoying for AGMitch to remember to turn wipers off just to reverse! Heh.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by AGMitch on 07 April 2004
I find the auto rear wiper a pain in the ar*e (even after only 5 days of ownership) - I use a bike carrier and need to remember not to use the rear wiper when its on cos it rests on the back window and the wiper hits it! Means Ive got to remember toswitch the wipers off before I select reverse.

Remove the wiper arm.