ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Only One Winner.......LOL

RS200
Parked up next to some cheap V12 today in my works car park....... Belongs to a guy who works on our Production Line at Cummins in Darlington.

No comparison against the AG200 though........................

IMG_8483.JPG

IMG_8484.JPG

RS200
How has he got that if he works on the production line? Is he stealing engines and selling them? :ROFLMAO:

Sold a few properties I believe.

£40k a year salary up north.
Buy a house in year 1
Save for 2 years. Buy a DBS.

I think the car is now his house..................

You ever at the huddersfield branch?

Yes. We have a turbo Plant based there.

Must be dealing too !! 🤣

Could well be........................

In Darlington that is quite possible!

You are defo right there mate....... LOL.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Sold a few properties I believe.

I think the car is now his house..................

Yes. We have a turbo Plant based there.

Could well be........................

You are defo right there mate....... LOL.
Were you in huddersfield around a week ago in the ag?

RS200
What's Cummins's view on the impending doom of fossil fuels? Are they going all hybrid or looking into hydrogen cell technology, etc?

At the minute the diesel engine market is still quite strong but we are looking a natural gas & battery technologies etc.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
At the minute the diesel engine market is still quite strong but we are looking a natural gas & battery technologies etc.
I guess there is little choice other than diesel for huge torque, decent enough economy - and importantly, continuous reliability.

Imagine battery packs trying to provide the above running 12 hours a day for months on end!

RS200
I guess there is little choice other than diesel for huge torque, decent enough economy - and importantly, continuous reliability.

Imagine battery packs trying to provide the above running 12 hours a day for months on end!

Exactly Darren.

Some of our engins & generators can push over 10,000 BHP with much more lbs ft of torque.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I know Cummins/Paccar did an interesting case study for the Department for transport with regards to whether Bio methane would be a possible alternative fuel for compression ignition engines but after many thousands of miles of testing they found the methane slip ( unburnt methane escaping through the exhaust ) was so bad for global warming that diesel was many many times better for the environment and the idea was shelved.

it's all b****cks this death of diesel really, on an open road they are by far the best and cleanest option for the transport industry, it's only when sat idling in cities they become an issue, diesel hybrid trucks will see us by for at least another 20 years.

RS200
I know Cummins/Paccar did an interesting case study for the Department for transport with regards to whether Bio methane would be a possible alternative fuel for compression ignition engines but after many thousands of miles of testing they found the methane slip ( unburnt methane escaping through the exhaust ) was so bad for global warming that diesel was many many times better for the environment and the idea was shelved.

it's all b****cks this death of diesel really, on an open road they are by far the best and cleanest option for the transport industry, it's only when sat idling in cities they become an issue, diesel hybrid trucks will see us by for at least another 20 years.

Very true mate.

Our after treatment systems that we use on the lastest generation engines practically give off zero emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk