ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Only time and temp display ? Any ideas ?

Clio MK3
Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum and I'm a bit stumped lol. Just got myself a mk3 clio as my first car so quite happy with it so far only problem is the stereo, it works fine plays my CDs and radio stations but does not display any info about the radio station or cd details was wondering if anybody on here has had the same problem ?

Clio MK3
It is the factory one, I have pulled it out to see if there is any loose connection but all are plugged in and fine and checked the fuse box and haven't blown a fuse either.

Clio MK3
When I took the stereo out last night I checked and made sure everything was in place it has only had one previous owner who was an older lady and the car had only done 32000 miles and got it for a bit of a bargain lol but I will take pics tonight when I get home and hopefully some of you guys could help me out.

Clio MK3
http://
PHOTO_20140423_1846231_zps3008d799.jpg
This is what is connected to the back of the stereo, not sure if i have uploaded it right lol total newbee to all this lol.

Clio MK3
ok created a flickr account if you go onto my photo stream you should be able to see my clio and hopefully get help with the stereo lol , sorry for being a pain in the a**e

That is weird. Connector could have come out the back of the display. I don't actually know, that's just a guess lol.

That was my thought. Have to take the top of the dash off to access it in the older clio's, not sure if it is still the case with this?

Could be a broken cable / faulty radio?

Looking at the pic, could the yellow cable plug in any other way, seems to be a lot of spare pins there? (just guessing)

Clio MK3
PHOTO_20140425_155200_zps3c593756.jpg

well i was going to go to the hassle of taking everything apart so just decided to get a new stereo lol but i appreciate everyone's help and input thanks.